+ Add Question

tasks jump from today to tomorrow

I set tasks for "today" and it immediately change to "tomorrow. nothing solve that

All responses

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 06:03 UTC

Hi Tal,

Where are you adding the tasks? In the desktop app? Mobile? Please make sure that you have the correct timezone setting in your computer and in Todoist.

Regards,

Clyde

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 06:39 UTC

I have the correct time zone and I do that on the desktop


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121465>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> Where are you adding the tasks? In the desktop app? Mobile? Please make
> sure that you have the correct timezone setting in your computer and in
> Todoist.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121465
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 06:39 UTC

why the timezone need to be correct ? what if I change timezone ?


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121465>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> Where are you adding the tasks? In the desktop app? Mobile? Please make
> sure that you have the correct timezone setting in your computer and in
> Todoist.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121465
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 06:49 UTC

Hi Tal,

The timezone needs to be the same in all devices. For example, if I have a device set a couple of hours ahead and added a task, the time difference will be adjusted for that task on the other devices thus showing up on the wrong day.

Can you please tell me where exactly you're adding a task (web, desktop, mobile) that leads to this problem? That should tell us which device is not configured properly with the right timezone.

Regards,

Clyde

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 07:35 UTC

desktop


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121481>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> The timezone needs to be the same in all devices. For example, if I have a
> device set a couple of hours ahead and added a task, the time difference
> will be adjusted for that task on the other devices thus showing up on the
> wrong day.
>
> Can you please tell me where exactly you're adding a task (web, desktop,
> mobile) that leads to this problem? That should tell us which device is not
> configured properly with the right timezone.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121481
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 07:36 UTC

I set the task on desktop.
but both desktop and phone set to timezone Jerusalem

Tal


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121481>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> The timezone needs to be the same in all devices. For example, if I have a
> device set a couple of hours ahead and added a task, the time difference
> will be adjusted for that task on the other devices thus showing up on the
> wrong day.
>
> Can you please tell me where exactly you're adding a task (web, desktop,
> mobile) that leads to this problem? That should tell us which device is not
> configured properly with the right timezone.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121481
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 07:52 UTC

Hi Tal,

Please note that you to check to timezone settings:

- computer/desktop timezone setting
- in the app itself (go to "Todoist Setting -> General")

Did you check both of those and are they set to the correct timezone.

Can you also please clarify the following?
1. Are you getting the problem every time to add a task?
2. Do you get the problem when you're adding it in the mobile phone?

You can try logging out and back in again to see if that helps.

Regards,

Clyde

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 11:34 UTC

not every time.
when set from mobile it looks like its fine


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121501>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> Please note that you to check to timezone settings:
>
> - computer/desktop timezone setting
> - in the app itself (go to "Todoist Setting -> General")
>
> Did you check both of those and are they set to the correct timezone.
>
> Can you also please clarify the following?
> 1. Are you getting the problem every time to add a task?
> 2. Do you get the problem when you're adding it in the mobile phone?
>
> You can try logging out and back in again to see if that helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121501
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 11:43 UTC

Hi Tal,

I know you've checked the timezone but can you please confirm if both setting looks fine to you?

1. computer/desktop timezone setting
2. in the app itself (go to "Todoist Setting -> General")

This will help us determine where the problem is. Please let me know.

Regards,

Clyde

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 11:59 UTC

I already did several times.

Tal


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121567>
>
> Hi Tal,
>
> I know you've checked the timezone but can you please confirm if both
> setting looks fine to you?
>
> 1. computer/desktop timezone setting
> 2. in the app itself (go to "Todoist Setting -> General")
>
> This will help us determine where the problem is. Please let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121567
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 12:36 UTC

Hello Tal,

Assuming that by desktop you mean that you're using the "Todoist for Windows" app and are not using Todoist on any other desktop-based browser or plugin (is that correct?), please go to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Todoist\Windows

and delete the "Cache" folder. Then relaunch the Windows app and see if it helps.

If you're also referring to other platforms or browsers, please specify what browser or what plugin are you using.


Best regards,
David

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 12:53 UTC

Done
I'll update if the issue comes up again

thanks for the fast response

Tal


On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question tasks jump from today
> to tomorrow <http://todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121602>
>
> Hello Tal,
>
> Assuming that by desktop you mean that you're using the "Todoist for
> Windows" app and are not using Todoist on any other desktop-based browser
> or plugin (is that correct?), please go to:
>
> C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Todoist\Windows
>
> and delete the "Cache" folder. Then relaunch the Windows app and see if it
> helps.
>
> If you're also referring to other platforms or browsers, please specify
> what browser or what plugin are you using.
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/36910/#comment_121602
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>



--
Tal Bakish, CEO
VocalZoom Systems LTD
www.vocalzoom.com
skype: tal.bakish; mobile: +972-52-3284395;
P.O. box 300, 6 Hayezira st. Yokneam, Israel

A
alexskorkin premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 14:53 UTC

I've seen the same issue several times. For unknown reason all tasks were moved from today at tomorrow. I have several instances of the application open in different locations. The timezone difference may vary for 1 hour only. When I tried to move tasks from tomorrow back to today, they were moved at tomorrow again.

tal bakish premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2014 - 14:58 UTC

here is todoist solution:
on your desktop app ("Todoist for Windows" app) please go to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Todoist\Windows

and delete the "Cache" folder. Then relaunch the Windows app and see if it helps.

this assume you use that only on windows (and maybe your mobile also)