+ Add Question

Default Reminder

D

When I create a new task with a date and time from the mobile app, the default reminder is not set.

When I change an existing task (for example changing due date or time), the default reminder is created accordingly.

All responses

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 07, 2014 - 08:42 UTC

Additional details: the default reminder works when I create a task from the web site.

By the way, in the android noitification, there are 3 options but the italian descriptions are truncated: the first is "done", the second allows me to change the due date, the thirs?
I guess it should postpone the reminder, but actually deletes it in my app.

Thanks
Daniele

Brendon Wadey staff
Replied on Jul 07, 2014 - 16:36 UTC

Hi Daniele,

Can you send a screenshot of how your notification menu looks so that we can look into it and see if it can be improved. Certain languages can be tricky for placement.

As for the setting of it, this may be related to our issues we are having right now due to new location based ones. If you add a reminder, does it matter which type you are adding?

Regards,
Brendon.

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 07, 2014 - 20:40 UTC

How can I take a snapshot of my smartphone?

I tried with all tapis of remainder, and the result is always the same.
Il 07/lug/2014 18:36 "Todoist Support" <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> ha scritto:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Brendon Wadey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117083>
>
> Hi Daniele,
>
> Can you send a screenshot of how your notification menu looks so that we
> can look into it and see if it can be improved. Certain languages can be
> tricky for placement.
>
> As for the setting of it, this may be related to our issues we are having
> right now due to new location based ones. If you add a reminder, does it
> matter which type you are adding?
>
> Regards,
> Brendon.
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117083
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

Brendon Wadey staff
Replied on Jul 07, 2014 - 21:04 UTC

Hi,

That can depend on your device, but holding down Volume Down + Power should take a screenshot.

Regards,
Brendon.

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 04:13 UTC

Il 07/lug/2014 23:04 "Todoist Support" <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> ha scritto:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Brendon Wadey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117167>
>
> Hi,
>
> That can depend on your device, but holding down Volume Down + Power
> should take a screenshot.
>
> Regards,
> Brendon.
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117167
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 11:35 UTC

Hello Daniele,

Please tell me - what's the exact due date and time of the task when you enter it into the date field?

Also, to clarify - you create a new task set it to a certain date and time (let me know which date and time) and then tap on "Done" to add it. When you then tap on this task, edit it and go to the Reminder menu, there are no reminders listed there?


Best regards,
David

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 11:58 UTC

For testing purpose, I create a task with due date "oggi a 15" (in english
it would be "today at 15").

There's no reminder in the menĂ¹, nor the reminder icon in the main page.
If I edit the task (the pencil icon) nothing changes.
If I tap on the task and then on the calendar icon, then I have the
reminder, even if I don't change the due date, simply "choose date" and
then "ok".


On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117320>
>
> Hello Daniele,
>
> Please tell me - what's the exact due date and time of the task when you
> enter it into the date field?
>
> Also, to clarify - you create a new task set it to a certain date and time
> (let me know which date and time) and then tap on "Done" to add it. When
> you then tap on this task, edit it and go to the Reminder menu, there are
> no reminders listed there?
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117320
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 14:05 UTC

Daniele,

I can't reproduced this. I've set my Android device to Italian, added a new task into a project while being inside this project in the app, used the date "oggi a 18", added it and at this point the task already showed up with a clock icon meaning it had a reminder.

I've tapped on it, went to the "Modifica" option, then the clock icon at the top and it does have a reminder set to "30 minuti".

That said, please make sure that you allow Todoist to send you reminders and also go to the web at todoist.com click on the gear icon, go to Settings -> Reminders and see if the device is listed there.

Also, does reinstalling the Android app help?


Best regards,
David

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 16:13 UTC

Maybe I didn't explained correctly.

I'm not in a project, I called it task not thinking it could be misleading
Il 08/lug/2014 16:05 "Todoist Support" <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> ha scritto:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117372>
>
> Daniele,
>
> I can't reproduced this. I've set my Android device to Italian, added a
> new task into a project while being inside this project in the app, used
> the date "oggi a 18", added it and at this point the task already showed up
> with a clock icon meaning it had a reminder.
>
> I've tapped on it, went to the "Modifica" option, then the clock icon at
> the top and it does have a reminder set to "30 minuti".
>
> That said, please make sure that you allow Todoist to send you reminders
> and also go to the web at todoist.com click on the gear icon, go to
> Settings -> Reminders and see if the device is listed there.
>
> Also, does reinstalling the Android app help?
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117372
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 16:50 UTC

Daniele,

Please let me know where exactly are you adding this task if not within a project? On a 7 days view, through the Quick Add notification menu? Through our widget? When browsing filters? When viewing a label?

When I've tested it, I've added the task while being inside a project view.


Best regards,
David

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 17:02 UTC

In The 7 days view
Il 08/lug/2014 18:50 "Todoist Support" <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> ha scritto:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117424>
>
> Daniele,
>
> Please let me know where exactly are you adding this task if not within a
> project? On a 7 days view, through the Quick Add notification menu? Through
> our widget? When browsing filters? When viewing a label?
>
> When I've tested it, I've added the task while being inside a project view.
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117424
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 17:22 UTC

Danielle,

I've just tested it by adding a task from the 7 days view (in the app) and it still works - the reminder is added automatically upon saving the task.

To clarify, what language did you set in your phone's language settings - Italiano (Italia) or Italiano (Svizzera)?


Best regards,
David

D
daniele.frigo
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 17:44 UTC

Italiano Italia
Il 08/lug/2014 19:23 "Todoist Support" <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> ha scritto:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Default Reminder
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117435>
>
> Danielle,
>
> I've just tested it by adding a task from the 7 days view (in the app) and
> it still works - the reminder is added automatically upon saving the task.
>
> To clarify, what language did you set in your phone's language settings -
> Italiano (Italia) or Italiano (Svizzera)?
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/35170/#comment_117435
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 08, 2014 - 19:16 UTC

Daniele,

That's how I also tested it. Unfortunately, if we can't trigger this issue, there's not much we can do :-( We'll continue looking into it, but without a way to reproduce it, it can be a long process.


Best regards,
David