+ Add Question

Gmail extension stopped working after 2 step authentication activated in Gmail

The Todoist Gmail extension (in Chrome) shows an empty screen.
I think this happened after I activated 2 step authentication on my Google account (including gmail). I am not sure this is related as the Todoist app extension for Chrome still works.

Please advise.

All responses

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 09:47

Hi Marc,

Please try reinstalling the Gmail extension again and see if that helps.

Regards,

Clyde

Marc Verschaeren premium
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 10:08

Hello Clyde,
I have removed and then re-installed the extension. This did not fix the problem.
FYI - I have not added any new extensions to Chrome either (which could be interfering).

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 10:14

Hi Marc,

Can you please clear your cache by going to Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data, search for "todoist" there (there's a search box in the top-right) and delete all Todoist-based entries that you'll see?

Regards,

Clyde

Marc Verschaeren premium
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 11:05

Hello Clyde,

Deleting cache had no effect.
First I only delete cache & app data for the gmail extension. When this
did not have any effect, I deleted all cache & app data for the main chrome
extension and the todoist web site as well. I closed chrome and re-started
it.

After this, the gmail extension is still blank.
The general Chrome extension asked me to log into my account again. I
choose to login with my Google account. This worked perfect. I can use
the Chrome extension as before. The gmail extension still produces a blank
screen.

Please advise.

Marc Verschaeren
T.: +352-2799-0009-05
red-dog.com


On 24 June 2014 12:14, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *Clyde Romo*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Gmail extension stopped
> working after 2 step authentication activated in Gmail
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_113986>
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Can you please clear your cache by going to Advanced Settings -> Content
> Settings -> All cookies and site data, search for "todoist" there (there's
> a search box in the top-right) and delete all Todoist-based entries that
> you'll see?
>
> Regards,
>
> Clyde
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_113986
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 11:30

Hello Marc,

Is your browser accepting third-party cookies? Technically, because our plugin connects to the Todoist.com site from within Gmail, its cookies will be treated as third-party so please try to enable all and see if it helps. If it does, then you can whitelist [*.]todoist.com.


Best regards,
David

Marc Verschaeren premium
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 14:42

Hello David,

I have [*].todoist.com in my cookie exception list. It has been there
since I first installed the Todoist gmail extension.

Everything was working fine up until some time last week.
The only change I make to my setup is to activate Google's 2 factor
authentication. Not sure it this has an impact.

Thanks

Marc Verschaeren
T.: +352-2799-0009-05
red-dog.com


On 24 June 2014 13:30, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Gmail extension stopped
> working after 2 step authentication activated in Gmail
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_113993>
>
> Hello Marc,
>
> Is your browser accepting third-party cookies? Technically, because our
> plugin connects to the Todoist.com site from within Gmail, its cookies
> will be treated as third-party so please try to enable all and see if it
> helps. If it does, then you can whitelist [*.]todoist.com.
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_113993
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 17:04

Marc,

Technically, it shouldn't make any difference, but could you please try to deactivate it to make sure that it's really the cause of this issue?

Either way, please try to log into Todoist directly through the web-app, go to Settings -> Account and use "Edit" next to "Password" to set a password for Todoist. This way you'll be able to log into the Gmail extension manually using an email/password combination and not Google's Authorization (this would also allow you to use it with multiple Gmail accounts as it won't rely on being logged into the same Google account as you use with Todoist).


Best regards,
David

Marc Verschaeren premium
Replied on Jun 25, 2014 - 09:03

Hello David,

Finally I did the following to get Todoist Gmail in chrome working again :

- In your Todoist account make sure you have a password so you can login
with email and password (i.e. you don't need to login with your Google
account).
- Logout of your Todoist account on all extensions & on the Todoist web
UI.
- In the Chrome browser settings :
- Delete all Todoist extensions (the general extension & the gmail
extension)
- Delete all cache & cookies related to Todoist.
- Log out of Gmail.
- Quit Chrome.
- Restart Chrome
- Install the Todoist Gmail extension
- Login on Gmail.
- Open an email and verify the Todoist extension is available
- Click the Todoist button - now the Todoist pop-up will appear and
should ask you to login into Todoist.
- Choose to login with your email address & Todoist password.
- The next screen is the default view in your Todoist account (I'm not
sure this is the expected behavior).
- Voila - Todoist for Gmail should be working.
- After this I also reinstalled the normal Todoist extension.

Best regards,

Marc Verschaeren
T.: +352-2799-0009-05
red-dog.com


On 24 June 2014 19:04, Todoist Support <
support.xxxxxxxxxx@support.todoist.com> wrote:

> Todoist Support <http://todoist.com/Support/> | *David Trey*
> (Doist Support Staff) added a comment to question Gmail extension stopped
> working after 2 step authentication activated in Gmail
> <http://todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_114056>
>
> Marc,
>
> Technically, it shouldn't make any difference, but could you please try to
> deactivate it to make sure that it's really the cause of this issue?
>
> Either way, please try to log into Todoist directly through the web-app,
> go to Settings -> Account and use "Edit" next to "Password" to set a
> password for Todoist. This way you'll be able to log into the Gmail
> extension manually using an email/password combination and not Google's
> Authorization (this would also allow you to use it with multiple Gmail
> accounts as it won't rely on being logged into the same Google account as
> you use with Todoist).
>
>
> Best regards,
> David
> Click this link to see it:
> todoist.com/Support/show/34198/#comment_114056
> If you no longer wish to receive notification emails, click here to
> unsubscribe
> <http://todoist.com/Support/core/cancelSubscription/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/>
>