+ Add Question

Sync problem

T

I have experienced a sync issue today.

I will call A my android phone.
I will call D my desktop computer
I will calll L my laptop.

Steps:

1. I opened L to read my tasks, then went offline.
2. I made some changes on D and A, both being online - everything synced well.
3. I added tasks on L while offline.
4. I added tasks on A while offline.
5. I connected A to the internet. Tasks added and completed while offline synced normally.
6. I connected L to the internet. Tasks addes while offline synced normally, but a task I had editied in step 2 was not updated. I had removed the due date from this task in step 2. This task still appears with a due date on L, but not on A.
Current status: Task appears with due date on L and D (which means an outdated information was propagated to D), it appears without due date on A (outdated information was not propagated to A.)

I hope this helps you work on the sync issues you have been having.

All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on May 15, 2014 - 13:53

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your report, I've passed it to our developers, but please tell me:
- In what language are you using Todoist?
- What was the exact due date of the affected task(s)?
- Can you reproduce this again on a newly added task?


Best regards,
David

T
Thomas premium
Replied on May 15, 2014 - 16:10

Hi, I'm using todoist in english.
due date was yesterday (may 14), until I removed it.
right now I don't have time to try and reproduce this - have you been able to reproduce this?

T
Thomas premium
Replied on May 15, 2014 - 16:37

ok, I tried to reproduce using the same steps- the issue does not happen. (It's murphy's law!)
I cannot however reproduce the exact situation, because the laptop was offline for more than a day before reconnecting.

David Trey staff
Replied on May 16, 2014 - 06:40

Thomas,

So you have set the date of the task to "yesterday" and then removed it? Or did you set it yesterday to "today" or "may 14"?

Either way, so far, we can't reproduce sync issues reliably, but we're looking into this, we suspect the Android app to be the source of it and will address it in next updates.


Best regards,
David

T
Thomas premium
Replied on May 21, 2014 - 11:59

No, I had previously set the task to a a future due date (can't remember if I used "tom" or "14"), then I removed the due date in step 2 above.

David Trey staff
Replied on May 21, 2014 - 13:39

Thomas,

A couple of days ago we've made some changes on the back end that should address all sync issues. We hope it will, we can now still reproduce one issue involving the Mac app, but no more.

That said, did you experience such issue after your initial report, especially today or yesterday?


Best regards,
David

Ryan Phillips premium
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 12:23

Hello,

I've been experiencing a similar problem using the Android App.

If, using the android, I change the due date from a task which was due days ago to today, tomorrow, or a future date, the website is updated.

However, if I remove the due date using the phone, the website is not updated.

I would prefer to have some tasks without a due date, so is it possible for this information to reach my browser?

Thank you,
-Ryan

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 12:49

Hello Ryan,

That should definitely reach the browser ;-) Please try to log out, clear its cache and Todoist's offline data, reload the browser, log back in and see if the issue persists.

If it does, please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce this in a different browser?


Best regards,
David

Ryan Phillips premium
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 13:16

Whoa! Fixed it. clearing the android's data and cache didn't do much, but logging out, fully shutting down the browser (Chrome) and logging back in did the trick.

Thanks!
-Ryan

AJ
Angelo James
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 16:10

Hi

When I add tasks and projects on my Android App it does not show on when I log in via web browser.

I've tried as suggested above, i.e. loggin out completely and clearing my browser cache, but its still the same.

I'm using Chrome but I have also tried this one IE now.

- Angelo

AJ
Angelo James
Replied on Jun 24, 2014 - 16:19

Hi

I figured my one out - custom Android firewall was blocking network access to the app which would explain why my account was not getting updated with the new tasks / projects :-)

Thank You.

- Angelo