+ Add Question

Filters

When I changed the label names ,filters that are using labels doesnt change.I have to apply again :(
Best Regards
Nasuh

All responses

Clyde Romo staff
Replied on Apr 25, 2014 - 07:37

Hi Akin,

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately, the current implementation does not update it as the filter queries are just text used for filtering the tasks unlike labels itself that have IDs that can be used to change all affected labels.

Nonetheless, feel free to to add this in the votebox https://todoist.com/Vote/ as a feature request. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Clyde

David premium
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 09:10

I am concerned by a tendency I'm seeing on this Support area. Many of the issues reported on this site are bug reports. Adding a bug report to the VoteBox is inappropriate. We paid for premium service. We'd like to see these issues fixed, not voted on.

Filters do not behave in a consistent manner across platforms. Filter names are not always used and, as mentioned above, are not updated appropriately.

This is not an enhancement we're requesting. This is a defect that we would appreciate being researched and corrected as a defect.

Thanks!

David

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 10:04

Hello David,

Filters consist of 2 elements:
- a name
- a query

If you type "today & @label" into the query, it does not store this label the way a task does, it only stores exactly whet you've typed - "today & @label". If you then go to your label list and rename this label, then this will change the name of the label associated to the ID of this label. It will not search through the text of all filters and replace parts of it whenever you change the name of a label.

This is not necessarily a bug because we have not programmed Todoist to make such changes so it behaves as expected and doesn't make them.

We will look into implementing this in the future and therefore you're welcome to add it to our Votebox :)


Best regards,
David

David premium
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 10:31

Thanks for the quick response. However, I'm speaking of Filters that were
created, complete with name and query at the time of creation. These are
named queries.

In the Android app, the Filter Name is displayed. But in the Web app, only
the query string is displayed, both in the title area and in the associated
query field. This is an inconsistency in behavior. And query strings as
group titles obscure meaning.

Sorry. But that sounds like a defect to me. And putting it to a vote of
Todoist users only delays its correction.

As Premium users, we have a vested interest in Todoist. It's a good
product. But there are areas that need attention. Not to add functionality.
But to make existing functionality work consistently and faithfully.

Todoist is good. Doist can make it great.

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 10:56

David,

That's not true, if I understand your description correctly.

On the web, I can go to the "Filters" tab, click on "+ Add filter" and I see 2 separate fields - one for the name and one for the query. If I save it, I will only see the name of the filter on any platform.

Please attach a screenshot if that's not what you see and post and example of how you name the filter and what query you use (and what do you see after saving it).


Best regards,
David

David premium
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 11:10

Thanks for staying with me.

To create the Filter I open Todoist in Google Chrome. I then select the
Filters tab and press the "+ Add Filter" link at the end of the list of
defined filters. In the pop-up that opens I enter a Name for the filter -
Work Next Actions, for example - and a query string - (@work | @office) &
p1, in this case.

When I then select the named Filter, I see the name of the filter only in
the Filters list. The tab name, the page name, and the query field all
contain only the query. Here's an example of what I see.

[image: Inline image 1]

David Trey staff
Replied on Jun 09, 2014 - 11:23

David,

Thank you for clarifying, I've passed it to our developers.

We may be able to change the TITLE part, but the search bar won't be changed and the header most likely also not because the headers are affected by the type of the query. For example, if you'd use a comma anywhere in the query, it would give you separate result "sections", each with a header for every part of the query, for example:

(@work | @office), p1

Would give you 2 sections - one for @work | @office, one for priority 1 - we can't put them under one header containing the name as it would defeat the purpose of the comma.


Best regards,
David