Have you recently tried sending an email to the project? As this issue should have been resolved already.
Is this only when forwarding emails, or creating? Did you double check the Projects Email to make sure nothing has changed, that all your emails are on the accepted list?
Not sure what was just happening, but i turned off forwarding until this gets solved.
I can send email directly without issue.
I use Google Apps.
When I create either a full forward or filter the messages filter/forward but never arrive.
How exactly do you have it setup? As I believe Google sends the email with a different address each time. So if you enter *gmail.com and *google.com into the accepted list, it may resolve it.
Hey Brendon, Sorry for the misspell of your name last message :-/
That makes perfect sense. I know I had to add a special address of theirs to verify the forward email, so stands to reason the forwarded mail would come from an address other than mine too.
I'll let you know in a sec.
No such luck.
I added the two wildcards you suggested and it still failed.
I then created a forward to another domain of mine (similar to what I had to do to see the forward verification that google sent) to look at the sender of that message.
It showed the original sender as the 'From' but included a random sender with domain tail of @mail.gmail.com so I added that to my accepted addresses but it still failed.
While writing this I've begun receiving these error messages from todoist support:
"Todoist could not process this due to a model error.
The cause is unknown, but could be related to a deleted item.
If you wish to send emails from this address add it to your Todoist account:"
It seems to want me to add the sender of the email to my accepted list. If that's the case, it looks like gmail is forwarding clean using the original sender as From, but there's no way to add everyone to my accepted list.
To be clear, you added *@mail.gmail.com correct?
I would have figured that would work. Though I suppose it could be getting sent as something different and only arriving as that.
I'll see if I can come up with anything else, though Forwarding messages have always been an issue.
As you can see above, forwarded messages aren't being handled correctly from within todoist. Todoist should be parsing the "To:" and comparing it to the accepted list, not the "From:"
Yes to your answer, which reminds me, the instructions in the add email to task dialog don't include the "*" just @mycompany.com. I know enough to add the wildcard but don't know if everyone else gets past the error message that launches when attempts are made without the asterisk.
I think it comes down to what I mentioned above.
When forwarding to other services like asana or evernote, the "To:" in the original message must match the email listed in the accepted list.
Sort of follows that advancements in callerID. If you forward a number these days, modern systems show you the actual caller's number, not the number you've forwarded to.
We just recently changed how our email system works and I believe this may be causing some issues. I have passed it to the devs to see what they think.
Awesome, thanks Brendon. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Assuming you have confirmed your firstname.lastname@example.org email in gmail settings the forwarding should now work. We didn't accept forwarded messages in the proper way, but now it's fixed and should work.
Let me know if you still have issues.
Yep, working now. Thanks Brendon
Hey Brendon, is there an option for receiving email in html? If not, is it
It does not support HTML at this time. Though, Attachments have just been added in support.
You know what I think would work great, is that the result of the forward
was the same as adding the email as a task manually. For me, I'd actually
prefer a link to the original email.
Then you'd want to use one of our extensions. https://todoist.com/blog/2013/01/zero-inbox-policy-with-todoist/
Gmail, Outlook, Postbox or Thunderbird at the moment. That is how those work, it's just a link back to the email.
Yep, I have the extensions, but they require a manual action. My thought
would incorporate the result of the manual action with the automated action
of the email forward. In any event, I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make
it work. Thanks for the great support response time!