FIlter issues and incorrect today list on iPhone
Three issues going on right now:
1) I have two items set to today. On my mac, they're showing up on today, and there's even a 2 on my app badge on my iphone, but when I navigate to Today on my iPhone I get "No tasks for today". I think this has to do with a timezone shift from west coast to east cost. The due dates are appearing as today in mac but "tomorrow at 2:59am" on my phone. Granted, I don't often cross timezones and I think this problem will go away once I complete these items or manually change them or something, but it's annoying.
2) I have a filter that's not computing right on the iphone. The logic is "(no date & (p1 | p2) ) | no priority", that is, show me anything missing priority, or p1/p2 tasks missing a date. It should be empty, but alert me to items that, in my system, aren't completely labeled. On my mac, the filter correctly shows no items. On my phone, I get what looks like all priority 2 items. Perhaps the phone is interpreting the logic without the parentheses around (p1 | p2)?
3) When I complete an action from a filter view, the order of all the other tasks in the filter shuffle. I get that there's no sort order in some of them, but the order shouldn't change every time I complete an item! If I'm scanning down a list considering what to do or what to check off, I have to start over and over every time.
1. Please make sure that your iPhone, your desktop system, Todoist.com's settings and anywhere else you use Todoist are set to the same Timezone, this can cause serious issues if they are not the same.
2. If you create the filter "(no date & p1) | (no date & p2) | (no priority)" instead, does the issue still occur on the iPhone app?
3. So your saying that if you filter for "no date & p1" it will show the list one way, then later on, if you do it again, it's showing it differently? Or once you complete an item off that filtered list, the entire list changes? Does this occur on iOS or the web as well?
1) It turns out the internal settings on Todoist did somehow get stuck on the other timezone. I didn't even realize there were internal settings like that, since I didn't change them when I traveled away. Kind of strange that the internal settings followed the iPhone settings going one way, but didn't snap back when the iPhone settings came back, but at least I know how to fix it now :-)
2) Your suggestion did fix the problem, thanks!
3) It's a bit inconsistent, but here's a related example I can reproduce reliably. I have a filter that's (today , p1) and currently has no today items (because of issue 1 above) and two priority 1 items, call them A, B, C in that order. I hit the plus and create a new task D with priority 1 and hit done, returning to the previous filter screen, which now shows items in the order B, A, C, D. If I then add a priority 1 item E, A and B switch back, so A, B, C, D, E. Every time I add another item, A and B switch. I believe I've seen similar things with crossing items off, and in lists with many more items it isn't just two items flipping but them all getting shuffled, but this is the one I can demonstrate
Yes, the Timezones changes can be a hassle at times, Todoist automatically changes it when it detects it. It should ask to change it, but with so many platforms, it appears to get confused at times.
So this happens on the web only? Do you know if it's only with that filter, or basically any view that you are doing this in? These aren't shared tasks are they?
The ordering thing is a problem on iOS only. The web version is okay. The sort orders actually differ between web and iOS (they also differ between web and mac), but iOS is the only one where the orders flip when I add a new task.
There is a known issue with sorting on iOS and this seems to be related. Which version of our app are you running? We are looking into the issue. Though, I would also suggest logging out of the app and back in again.
After logging out and in, the tasks flipped one more time and then stopped, but they're still in a different order than on the web.
I'm using 8.0.2 (11570) on iOS / iPhone.