Outlook 2013 not working: UID missing
When using ToDoist in Outlook 2013 it does not synchronise. Each of the entries in the todoist list has an error message that says: UID is missing
BTW: when trying to use use ToDoist with Outlook.com the same error appears. so maybe if you fix this for Outlook 2013 Desktop client, then Todoist will also work with Outlook.com
Unfortunately, our plugin does not support Outlook.com yet.
Regarding the Outlook 2013 issue, please clarify - when exactly do you see this message? When you add a task from an email in Outlook and then try to open it from within Outlook? Also, you've mentioned it doesn't synchronize - do you see different tasks on your Todoist account when accessing it on the web at todoist.com than through the Outlook plugin?
sorry for the delay.
To clarify: the ToDoist Plugin works fine, but what i want to do is to have the tasks in my outlook calendar.
To make sure, I have started over with that by erasing the todoist calendar. Then i copied the URL of the ToDoist calendar from the settings, and then integrated it to Outlook as an Internet Calendar.
The synchronisation seems to work, nonetheless i get an error report for every entry in the ToDoist Calendar. It is in german so I´ll try to give a translation and summary:
error (0x00040038) the VEVENT-value defined in line x - always a different line in each event, thats why i put an x - is missing an UID-Value that is necessary for i-calendar
Does that help?
Thank you for clarifying. Please tell me - do the tasks still get added correctly regardless of these errors? Considering that you have tasks which may or may not have due dates, those without may miss some values the calendar looks for and it skips them returning this error. Let me know if some tasks are actually added or if it affects all of them.
once more sorry for the delay. It looks as if the tasks get added correctly. Also the error message did not show up again when I opened Outlook today.
I will keep an eye on it and report back.
Bets regards and thanks for your time, Carsten
Please try to install this new updated version of our Outlook plugin and let us know if the issue persists: https://d2dq6e731uoz0t.cloudfront.net/6cbfe87a597f69aefd816f9cdac2957a/as/OutlookTodoist.Adx.exe
David, thank you.
I installed the update and since then there also was an automatic update of the plugin. The issue seems to persist, though you would have to figure out if it really is an issue of the plugin.
Just to be sure: the plugin seems to do what it is supposed to.
The problem I reported concerns the integration in the Outlook calendar by means of the the URL.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, that's indeed a different issue, I've announced the new plugin in multiple Outlook-related threads as the new plugin addressed all reported issue, but you're right - this one is a problem with the iCal feed. We'll look into it as we'll improve the iCal format we use in general.
no problem. It´s not really such a pressing issue, but of course for all Outlok users it would be great, especially if you came up with a solution that let´s one have the tasks in Outlook for Desktop and Outlook.com.