+ Add Question

Empty project indicating opened tasks

Hi Doist team,

I have project on lvl 2 underneath my Inbox. It indicates that there are 8 opened tasks (number next to the project name) in it which is not the case as the project is currently empty...

Perhaps I can PM you with a printscreen if the above is not clear.

Thanks,

jm



All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 13, 2014 - 16:56

Hello Jm,

Please try to add one task into this project, then delete it and use Ctrl+F5 to force-reload the page, this should reset the counter to the correct state.


Best regards,
David

_jm premium
Replied on Jan 13, 2014 - 17:34

Hi David,

believe it or not but this was expected reply :D

And yes this might be considered temporary workaround for the this issue (I have proved this working in past on different project) but it does not resolve the problem...

Please pass this over to DEV for root cause analysis and patch release.

Thanks again,

jm

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 13, 2014 - 17:46

Jm,

It is indeed a workaround and we'll of course try to identify its source. If you could let us know of what platforms you're using Todoist and whether you're using in online or offline, that would be much appreciated.

Also, if you remember at what point it started to happen (after you've used a mobile app offline or synced the desktop app), that would also be very helpful.


Best regards,
David

_jm premium
Replied on Jan 14, 2014 - 14:40

Understood, thanks for the clarification.

What I think could possibly help to nail this down:

#I'm mostly on FF on line mode (web, todoist anywhere) +tab & mobile apps;
#The issue reoccurs after the application of the workaround mentioned above (approx 1 day delay);
#The number of the count is static, it does not increase/decrease when it reoccurs;

Will let you know if I notice some additional suspicious pattern.

Thanks,

jm

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 14, 2014 - 15:24

Jm,

Thank you for the details, in general, it's not recommended (yet) to use Todoist twice in the same browser - in a tab and then additionally in Todoist Anywhere. We have a great Firefox plugin which you can toggle on/off with one click that would give you the same functionality as Todoist Anywhere does :)

That said, in this case it's almost "natural" that such issue could occur as the same Todoist account gets updated in the plugin and at the same time has a different "state" in the same browser/session in a tab and since the task count is mainly updated on the front-end such inconsistency may occur.

I've said "yet" earlier because we'll soon introduce full server-side push update option across all platforms that will force an update regardless of how many platforms you use. It should be rolled out next week, let us know if the issue continues after that.


Best regards,
David

_jm premium
Replied on Jan 15, 2014 - 11:53

Hi David,

well if you go through my previous posts you will notice that I did not manage to get the the FF plugin up and running, nor in new "clean" FF profile...

I spent most of my working day in browser so my FF profile with all the settings, tweaks, plugins and such became essential and sensitive topic for me through out the time. Switch to different browser as well as experimenting in the production FF profile is not something I would do (no matter how much I like Todoist).

Glad to read that you are on this in the given timeframe.

* Yesterday I created a task in the affected folder. Deleted it immediately and the issue has not reoccurred yet.

Thanks for your help,

jm