Accented characters sometimes garbled on Windows
For some reasons when I enter the task title with accented characters, the accented text gets sometimes garbled in the Windows application (but only sometimes). Example:
Web and Android APP display "Základní verze Gantry rozhraní pro Aimsun". but Windows APP displays "Z￡kladn￭ verze Gantry rozhran￭ pro Aimsun".
Moreover, it seems to me that after editing the text manually using the Windows APP, it will be displayed correctly until the next application update ...
I can only speculate on which platform I entered the text with now garbled accents - as I mentioned above, some tasks are displayed correctly, some are not. I have just tried to create a new task with name "Áčáďěéíľňóřšťúůýž." in Android APP and it displays correctly everywhere. The same with a new task created using the Windows APP.
This is an issue we were aware of in the old Windows app. In the latest version, we can't reproduce it. I've tried to create a new task with all the characters you've mentioned and it looked good (correct) on the Windows app.
If you'll notice any pattern to it or a way to reliably reproduce it every time, please let us know.
For now, try to uninstall the Windows app and then download and install the latest version from https://todoist.com/windows
thanks for reply. I will do as instructed and keep you posted in case that the problem persists.