I have had to set IE to allow all untrusted content, because my Outlook plugin wasn't working
It kept saying content was blocked due to an invalid certificate.
All my work depends on that extension, and the error only started throwing up when I updated to the newest version. I tried rolling back to the older version, but the error didn't go away.
I'm behind a compary proxy, but have been fine for months and months.
The IT guys are going to throw a fit when/if they find out what I did to re-enable the extension. A solution that doesn't involve opening a massive security hole on my machine would be preferred.
I'm on Windows 7, IE9.
We're sorry for the inconvenience, we will soon release an update which will fix all issues our Outlook plugin has right now.
For now, please try to allow only content from todoist.com and cloudfront.net instead of all untrusted content.
Can you provide a guide to doing so please? I just stumbled through the IE advanced settings and unticked everything that looked like it was designed to protect me.
(And thank you for your reply)
In IE's "Internet Options" first go to the "Security" tab, set it to "Medium-high" and then in "Trusted Sites" add *.todoist.com and *.cloudfront.net on the list and repeat the same in the "Privacy tab" - setting it to Medium and then adding these domains to the "Sites" list.
Thank you. No-where in the (many) threads discussing this problem have I seen this solution spelled out before. Can I ask why?
For the record, I did you said and unticked my previous changes, and it broke again.
The trusted sites element appears to be irrelevant. The plugin will only work if "Check for Server certificate revocation" is disabled in the IE advanced settings.
Don't know if the information is of any use to you, but I went through making my previous changes one at a time, and this is the one that made the difference between disabled and enabled.
To answer your first question - it's not mentioned because we're unsure if this solved the issue and as you confirmed in your second reply, unfortunately it doesn't seem to.
Thank you for confirming that the "Check for Server certificate revocation" is actually solving this, it will help us identify the issue. Let us know if it persists after we publish the final update of our plugin soon.
Will do David. Thanks for your responses.