Monthly recurring event. Next instance with incorrect date created via web interface upon completion
Hello David :)
I have a task set to repeat every month on the 15-th. The date string is "Every 15".
When I check it off on the web the next date is, however, set for November 16. Or it's even more interesting, since for a split second I see "Nov 15" on the right (while the... little fence thingy near karma blinks), which is almost instantly replaced by "Nov 16".
If I check it off in the Android app the next instance is created correctly and is then correctly synced to the web.
Sure, Android app is the primary way I communicate with Todoist and I don't use web interface all that often (except to sort tasks chronologically). However, this does look strange.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this so far. Please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce it in another browser?
- Do you have the correct time zone set on your PC/laptop?
This particular problem I don't see now. I will let you know if it repeats. However, today I've encountered something else. :)
I had a recurring task set to repeat each 2 weeks starting September 21 (Saturday). Today I went to the web app to add some tasks and while straightening out the sorting found that I this task was shown due next Monday instead of this Saturday.
The problem is, I don't remember if it had correct due date last time I did it. However, two days off the mark is a bit too much. :)
My browser is Opera 12.16, although I don't really think it's an issue here for I don't remember even doing anything with this task via web.
I've now reset it to repeat each 14 days, but it's not really convenient.
Please tell me, what was the exact due date set for this task? If you've actually used "each" - Todoist may not support it, please use either "every 14 days" or "after 14 days" depending on whether you want the recurrence to follow the 14 days pattern based on the original due date (every) or the completion date (after).
It was "every 2 weeks". Or, rather, it was "каждые 2 недели". :)
I don't think there was a problem until now. I've looked over my completed tasks and saw that it was usually done either on Saturday or on Sunday. It's a reminder to back up my data, so I usually do it on my days off. I set it on Saturday exactly in case I cannot do it on time for some reason, and this way I have Sunday to catch up. :)
I now have set it to "каждые 2 недели начиная с 2 ноября" (every 2 weeks starting on nov 2). Will have to see what happens on Saturday. :)
Maybe the problem is with the language I enter it in?
I tried experimenting. I set the task to repeat every 2 weeks starting sep 21 (in Russian, as usual). It gave me an overdue task. I checked it off and it created the correct repeat with the nearest next date being nov 2.
Last time I completed this task was on oct 20 (Sunday). I don't remember whether the next due date was set correctly after I checked the task off. It's really weird. It looks as if it created not an "every" but rather an "after" repeat + DST (which we don't currently have). :)
The language shouldn't be an issue. It might have been a DST-related problem (even though you didn't had it at your location), please let me know if it happens again next time you check off this task.