Tasks Won't Stay Collapsed
I have a project with several tasks, most of which have subtasks. I've found that when I expand a particular task, some of the tasks below it, which also have subtasks, expand automatically. The following characteristics are 100% reproducible in this one project, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.
1. The project has 6 tasks, the first 5 of which have subtasks, the sixth of which is recurring.
2. If task 2 is collapsed, the others all behave normally. Task 2 has one subtask (it had more but they've been completed), which has 4 subtasks.
3. If task 2 is expanded one level, tasks 3 and 4 both automatically expand one level (and levels below that "remembering" where they were last). But their arrow icons are still pointing right as if they are not expanded.
4. If I click those arrow icons, they turn down and stay expanded. (As if it just expanded them, but didn't "know" they already were.)
5. If I click them again they collapse for a second or so, then expand again, with the arrow showing them collapsed.
6. If I go back to task 2 and expand it one more level (which is as far as it goes) tasks 3 and 4 start behaving correctly again! (Except that if task 3 or 4 are already in a state where the arrow shows collapsed and the view shows expanded, one more click on the arrow is needed to get back in sync.)
7. If I start again with everything collapsed and expand task 2 again, if its subtask is closed, I'll see the problem. If I then expand that subtask, tasks 3 and 4 will collapse again.
7a. As long as I leave task 2's subtask expanded, I can expand or collapse task 2 without experiencing a problem. It's only when task 2's subtask is collapsed and task 2 is expanded that tasks 3 and 4 keep showing themselves.
Any ideas? It's easy to work around, so I'll do that for now. If I can help you reproduce the problem or try some experiments just let me know.
One possible clues to reproducing this:
I know at some point that I dragged some subtasks from one parent to another. I also know I've done that before in other projects without having this trouble. I have no hope of figuring out or remembering what I dragged, but if you can't repro it that might be something to play with.