Notes are not Syncing?
So apparently notes are no longer a premium feature? Awesome!
Anyways, notes I create do not sync across multiple computers. Any reason for this?
Notes always were and still are a Premium feature. According to our database, your account is not Premium, though. If you wish to continue using notes, feel free to extend your Premium time through the web (CC, PayPal), PlayStore or Apple Store.
Well then there is probably a bug, because right now I can write notes for my tasks.
- Did you have Premium in the past?
- On what platform can you add notes?
I can add notes on any computer (not a mobile device).
No, I have never had premium.
The issue with the notes not syncing is most likely related to you being able to create notes in the first place without being Premium. I think there might be a cache issue going on that allows you to create the notes, but does not actually sync with the servers.
Please try clearing the cache for all the browsers that you are using. We will also look into your account and see if there is anything on our end that we can see.
I am a premium user and I can confirm that notes are not properly syncing between the windows, web and android applications.
I have cleared my cache.
I can see the following:
- Notes added to tasks in windows no longer visible in windows but visible on the web.
- Notes added in android no longer visible in android but visible on the web.
This has been going on for a few weeks. At first I thought the missing items had been stripped off before I upgraded to premium. However, there are now dozens of examples of notes I've added within the last week only being visible on the web.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue on any platform, I've tried the following now:
- Added a task through the web = notes visible on Windows app and Android
- Added a task through the Windows app = notes visible on the web and Android
- Added a task through Android = notes visible on the web and Windows.
Please try to not only clear the web cache, but also manually remove Todoist's offline data from your browser, then right-click on the TD icon that the Windows app adds to the system tray (notifications area) and use "Logout" from there and then delete and reinstall the Android app and let us know if the issue persists and if so - if there's anything specific that you do to reproduce it, for example - add the task offline, force a sync manually, add the tasks from emails, attach files to notes, use special characters etc.