tasks completed are duplicated in history
saw this question in the forum, but the discussion seems to be closed, so i reopen a thread:
these duplicates happen to me quite often , almost weekly:
1. i have no outlook plug-ins currently (uninstalled a couple of months ago)
2. all completed but duplicate tasks have the same time stamps.
3. have seen this problem both in firefox and chrome
4. i can delete the duplicates but the total count of completed tasks on the top right corner won't be updated. only when i log out and back in, the count # gets updated to remove the count for duplicated completions.
5. i primarily use the todoist web, but i do use occasionally the android app to mainly add stuff to my inbox
this is not a critical bug but does annoy the hell of someone who wants to get an accurate count of completed tasks.
i just captured a screen shot if you would like to see it.
We never close threads, you're welcome to reply even if it has "answered" next to it (which just indicates that a staff member replied).
As for the issue, unfortunately, a screenshot may not be too helpful, we believe you that you're experiencing this issue, however the crucial point that will allow us to replicate this issue is to know under what exact circumstance does this occur?
The user in the other thread said that it happens whenever he reloads the page right after he completes a task, but we still can't reproduce it. When does it happen to you? Also when you complete something and then immediately reload?
i don't think i did anything special, but i do check the completed count at the top right corner quite frequently. if i see a number spike, i will pull out the history to check. usually at that time i can see the duplicates.
i understand it could be difficult to replicate. honestly i believe it has sth to do with network connectivity either on my end, your end or anywhere in between.
i am ok if we leave this unresolved. thanks for the help...
I am having this issue right now, usually when I'm using the new Gmail integration in Chrome (though yesterday I crossed the tasks off using the application on my iPhone and had the same issue). Usually I can go through and delete the extra tasks, but this time ToDoIst is putting them right back! Any idea what it could be? It's somewhat annoying.
funny thing, it happened to me yesterday as well, i simply couldn't remove a completed task...
after i deleted it, todoist simply put it right back to the completed role...
We are looking into this issue and hope to find a solution soon.
This issue has now been fixed.