+ Add Question

Norwegian letters

The norwegian letters æ, ø and å have a tendency to disappear from tasks (not lists) in the Windows Desktop version of Todoist - why?

All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 20, 2013 - 17:43 UTC

Hello Jan-Sverre,

Please uninstall the app and then install this updated version and let us know if the issue persists: https://d2dq6e731uoz0t.cloudfront.net/5023a6d6c92501bdfb0e00969703a767/as/Todoist_for_Windows.exe


Best regards,
David

NB
Nils Berger premium
Replied on Jul 22, 2013 - 10:47 UTC

The same problem occurs on my installation of Todoist for Windows with german letters (ä, Ä, ö, Ö, ü, Ü, ß). I already installed the Version from your link (2.3.0.5) but the Problem is still there. When I enter one of these letters in Todoist for Windows, there are two characters for it in the web and Android versions.
For me it looks like a character set conversion problem between CP1252 (default of Windows) and UTF-8 or so.

David Trey staff
Replied on Jul 22, 2013 - 12:30 UTC

Hello Nils,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. I've entered all these letters through the 2.3.0.5 version of the Windows app and they show correctly in the app as well as on the web.

Please try to clear your browser's cache, reinstall the Android app and log out and back into the Windows app and if the issue persists, please clarify:
- You enter a task with the name "Menü" into the Windows app, then go to the web and see "Menüü" instead?
- Does this happen the other way around - when you add the task through the web and see an error on Windows?
- Do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer (our Windows app uses IE to connect regardless of what browser is your default).


Best regards,
David

NB
Nils Berger premium
Replied on Jul 24, 2013 - 13:45 UTC

Hello David,

I completely removed Todoist for Windows and reinstalled it.

Before that, entries mad in Chrome or on Andoid where schwn with missing or strange characters in Todoist for Windows. "pünktlich" was shown as "pnktlich", "Gießen" got "Gie | en" (at least looked like that). When created in Todoist for Windows an "ä" was shown as "[]ä" (should be a small box symbol) on all other platforms. After reinstalling, and creating a test entry in chrome this one was shown correct on all platforms, but the old entries still looked distorted in Todoist for Windows. I than edited one of the old in Chrome. After reloading in Todoist for Windows, all (!) old entries are displayed correctly. Now all platforms show it exactly the same.
Strange, but now the problem seems to be solved for me.

Thanks
Nils

T
Thibaut premium
Replied on Nov 13, 2013 - 09:13 UTC

I have exactly the same issue (with French) and it is really painful to have to change all entries each time. I installed the windows app 1 week ago so I guess I have the last version. Maybe it is due to outlook.

Ex: Léonie changed to L←onie
Ex: Coûts changed to cots

etc ...

David Trey staff
Replied on Nov 13, 2013 - 12:51 UTC

Hello Thibaut,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience, we're still working on a rewrite of our Windows app which will address this issue.


Best regards,
David

T
Thibaut premium
Replied on Nov 13, 2013 - 12:52 UTC

Understood, meanwhile I will just stop using it.