Please tell me:
- Are you referring to the web-app, our pluins, add-ons or mobile apps?
- Are you certain that every task, label, due date and all other data is being changed to how it was 3 days ago?
- Have you used Todoist offline? If so - did you synchronize all changes at any point?
- Can you reproduce this issue multiple times? If so - please let us know what exact steps are you taking to trigger this issue?
- Does clearing your browser's cache solve this issue?
- I'm referring to the web-app. I use a Samsumg Chromebook.
- I am not certain that everything is being changed to how it was 3 days ago. I have a lot of to dos in the list, so I don't think I could verify that. I just know that twice I have gone through the list multiple times and updated it so that everything was on today or a future date, and then when I reopened the app, it was showing me tasks on 3 days ago, 2 days, and yesterday that I know I updated.
- I don't believe I've used it offline, but it is possible. I did not use it offline for all of the changes, however.
- I've cleared my browser's cache, and I will now update my list again. I'll let you know if I trigger the problem again.
Thank you for this information. As you use Todoist, please check if you see an orange triangle icon in the top-right corner which would indicate that the app is in offline mode and if you see it, you can click on it to force a sync.
Our system has mechanisms that make any data loss impossible. All changes have a unique timestamp and are synchronized in the order as they have been added and the most likely way to lose changes made can be through some syncing issues such as - working offline, but not syncing the changes and having the browser clear the cache automatically or using Todoist offline for a very long time and making many changes (the oldest ones could be discarded).
Please let us know if you notice the offline icon in the corner and also make sure that you always access Todoist through http://todoist.com and not a bookmark which may point to a different URL (incl. an older version number of the app).