Hello. I have change the default reminder in Settings to "email" but each time I create a new task and set up a reminder, the default is still "push to mobile..." Am I doing something wrong?
Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue. Please tell me:
- You go to Settings -> Reminders, choose "Email"
- You reload the page
- You add a task due "tomorrow at 2pm" (for example)
- You right-click on this task, go to the Reminders menu and see that a "30 minutes before" reminder has been set as "Push notification"?
If so, please claridy:
- What browser are you using?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a different browser?
Hi David, All of the steps you list above is exactly what I'm doing. I am using Chrome but I also just logged in using IE9 and got the same thing.
I have created tasks with and without due dates and set reminders for each and it still defaults to the push notification. I don't currently have any devices registered for the account - I just use it in Chrome browser.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue in any browser. If I have "email" selected by default, every task that has a due time has an automatic email notification assigned to is (see - marked area on this screenshot: https://d2dq6e731uoz0t.cloudfront.net/8d570910cf7c8dab00dbcd04bef94c32/as/reminder_1.png ).
Please clarify - what version of Chrome are you using? Do you see only one reminder set to "push" or does it appear in addition to an email reminder?
Hi David. Here are my responses in order of what you have asked:
I have "email" selected as default as well. I have a "Settings Menu" screenshot confirming this but don't know how to attach it to this post - do you have an email I can send them to?
Second screenshot "Reminder Default" shows what I see when I first go to set a new reminder. Service is still defaulting to "Mobile push notification."
Third and final screenshot "New Reminder" shows when I set the reminder that it shows up below as "push" and the date.
I tried to figure out what version of Chrome but found in Chrome help menu that Google automatically updates the browser to the current version so I guess I have whatever is the most recent. If there is a different way to figure this out, let me know.
You can send screenshots to email@example.com
Also, please clarify - do you see "push" or "email" at the bottom of the Reminders menu as shown on my screenshot or are you referring to the label selection drop-down menu in the middle of this menu?
David, can you confirm?
(i) Default Reminder's options are ONLY for tasks that have an associated date and/or time
(ii) when we manually enter a reminder, it will default to 'Mobile Push' EVEN IF the default reminder is set to 'email'.
1. Yes, when you set a default reminder, this will apply to tasks that have due times.
2. No. When you have "email" set as your default reminder method then if you type <remind tod at 2pm> within the task's name, it will have an email reminder. If you right-click on a task to set a reminder manually you can always choose what type it should be each time you do so.
Note - if you use the <remind> syntax through our mobile apps then this reminder will indeed be a push notification regardless of your settings.