Recurring dates - followed the syntax, works but get lost after log off
I have started using todoist since yesterday but the issue which I'm facing is bit strange. When I try set recurring date, it sets with the syntax that is supported but it get lost when I log off and log in again. I tried using app for windows as well but same result. The only one entry which stays (even when i tried removing) is the entry that I set for every 3 month starting X.
So not sure where is the issue, as its working fine as per client side but does not work after re login.
I'm using add-on for firefox and tried installing the windows app as well. both are behaving exactly same.
Kindly let me know if you have more questions to resolve the issue which I'm facing.
Please tell me:
- What are the exact due date formulas you're using which are affected by this issue?
- Are you always online when using Todoist?
Thanks for your prompt response.
Answer to your second question first, yes I'm always online.
I have tried to use "every 5" for one of my task, just writing to support and now when I logged it, its still there.
Same I tried for other task, "every 6" just now its not working (get lost when I log in again after log off).
For another task I used "every 30 Sep", same result as above.
Then I tried to use, "every 6 months starting 22 May".
What I can say from my experience since I'm using, the date syntax are correct and it accept also and show as reoccurring task but its random that it stays after log off and next log in.
Please let me know if you have more questions.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue. All these dates stay on the list after logging out and back in. Please make sure that you're using the same Todoist account and are always logging in the same way - either by typing the email/password combination or the Google Single Sign-On method (using your Google account creates a new Todoist account).
Please try to reproduce this issue in a non-cached browser window. In Chrome, that's "Incognito Window" (Ctrl+Shift+N), in Firefox it's "Private Browsing" (Ctrl+Shift+P).
Also, please tell me:
- What browser are you using?
- In which browsers did you try to reproduce this issue?
- Do you see a red triangle icon in the top-right corner at any point?
I could able to reproduce the issue in private browsing as well.
I know it can't be so simple issue, other wise how this feature could be working for every one else who are using this product.
coming to your questions.. here are the answers.
- I'm suing Firefox (V 17.0.1)
- I have only IE and Firefox and since Todoist does not work in IE so I tried only in Firefox. I'll try this in office PC as well (tomorrow morning) having same Firefox but with Windows XP.
- Yes saw it once when I using Todoist and power to WIFI disconnected (lost internet). Apart from that time.. never seen it again.
Thanks for your help.
I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this issue in any browser including Firefox 17.0.1. Todoist should work fine in Internet Explorer 8 or later.
Could you please describe step-by-step how are you adding the task when this issue occurs? It would be very helpful if you could provide a detailed description incl. the way you add the task (from a project or through Quick Add), is it a sub-task, does it have any labels, if so - what are their names etc.
well, i may have witnessed the similar bug in action.
for example, today i set up a task to repeat every 30 days, and i complete it, but when i go back to check the task generated for the next recurrence 30 days later, the little recurring sign is definitively not there.
i have seen it happen quite few times, and it gets bit annoying.
i use the chrome extension and outlook plug-in..
otherwise, this is a great tool...
Thank you for your report. Unfortunately, the only way for us to identify the cause of this issue is to have a way to reliably reproduce this issue every time by following certain steps. So far, we couldn't create any circumstances that would trigger it.
We would appreciate if you could provide more details about when and how this happened, for example - did you complete this task in a certain view - within a project, on the today list, on a label search result etc.? After the completion where did you go to see the task - back to the project, performed a certain query? Was it a main task, a sub-task?
I tried using IE ( I have IE 10 installed) and it looks much better now. But still I can see this issue some time but not as prominent as it was there in fire fox (web and add-on both) and windows application.
Anyhow, I'll let you know if I get any clue, when and how it can be easily reproducible.
Thanks for your kind support and help.
Wish you happy new year.
thanks for responding.
the annoying part is i myself can not replicate it, but it's definitely there.
i have two tasks on my today list which i have to add back the recurring "every 30 days", because they were gone. it's highly unlikely that i picked the dates (which is today) manually when i completed the task last time 30 days ago. the most likely scenario is that the "every 30 days" was there in the due date field when i completed the tasks 30 days ago, and the next recurrence was generated (so it shows up on the "today" list), BUT, along the way, the recurrence command disappeared..
to answer your questions:
1. i could complete the task either in the project mode, or within the today list
2. i don't use much label function
3. no, the issue is not observed in the sub-tasks setting, probably because i don't use sub-tasks much