+ Add Question

Issue with Ampersand in task name

JB

I'm not sure if this is new but I just noticed this (very small) display problem. I have a task that I named "DB&C". This is meaningful to me. However in the Windows web version of Todoist this task displays as "DB" and drops the "&C".

If I rename the task to "DB & C" all is well so it only happens if there is something immediately following the ampersand. I ran some other tests and I suspect this is an HTML issue where it is trying to interpret the ampersand value.

I also checked the Android app and it doesn't seem to be an issue there. Not sure if this is something you want to fix or just have as FYI in the support DB.

All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on Dec 19, 2012 - 12:38

Hello,

Thank you for your report. However, we can't reproduce this issue. A task called DB&C is being displayed correctly in the Windows app (version 1.9).

Please tell me:
- How did you add this task? Through the Windows app? Using Quick Add or from within a project? Via mobile etc.?
- In what language are you using our app?
- Are you using version 1.9 (you can check the number in the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs)?


Best regards,
David

JB
JM B premium
Replied on Dec 19, 2012 - 12:45

Sorry... not the Windows app. This is the Web version on a Windows PC using IE... I also tested in Chrome with the same results.

JB
JM B premium
Replied on Dec 19, 2012 - 12:48

Hmm... just refreshed and now it looks OK in Chrome... but still not in IE

David Trey staff
Replied on Dec 19, 2012 - 13:04

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed, I've been able to reproduce it in IE and I've passed it to the developers.


Best regards,
David

G
goldtop.mail premium
Replied on Jan 11, 2013 - 13:49

Another ampersand issue seems to be if you use it in a label (ie I have E&A).

If I click to show all labels, I can see there are 2 flagged as having this label, but when I click the label link itself to view the tasks, it shows none.

Also the label heading becomes @E&A instead...

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 11, 2013 - 14:15

Hello,

Thank you for your report, I will notify the developers about it. The option to add such label should be disabled and it shouldn't be possible to create a label with such name from within the task (nothing will happen if you use the & sign), but it seems to be possible to create such label from the list of all labels. Please try not to use ampersands or any special characters in label names.


Best regards,
David