Todoist always shows loading on Firefox
Hello todoist staffs, just want to share my experience of how I resolved this problem myself. I cannot find a better place to give this feedback, so I just put it here :)
Close firefox, and delete the "webappsstore.sqlite" in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<somename>
In firefox 16.0.1, 32bit, on Win7 64bit, when try to open the todoist page, it always shows loading.
In firebugs, console window, you can find an error:
"0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [nsIDOMStorage.getItem]"
According to this post:
, this is caused by a corrupted firefx HTML5 storage file "webappsstore.sqlite".
You cannot resolve this problem by clear cached or offline data in firefox option | Network (actually todoist was not shown in the offline use list". The only way is to delete the "webappsstore.sqlite" file.
thank you for your feedback. So far, based on past reports, this issue seemed to be caused by turning third-party cookie support off. If you can reproduce it again, please try to enable third-party cookies and let us know if it also fixes this problem.
According to http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies , I guess I did not disable the "third-party cookie", because my setting is "Remember history", and if I switch it to "Use custom settings for history", the "Accept third-party cookies" does be enabled.
For bug reproduction, I tried create a corrupted webappsstore.sqlite file, but failed to reproduce the bug, because this time firefox seemed to be able to recover a corrupted webappsstore.sqlite by overwriting a new one.
However, I was able to reproduce it by change the file security settings by denying all the current user's privileges, i.e. did "file right-button menu | properties | security", and denied the "full control".
I did not test that reproduced bug with the third-party cookies option.
Forgot to mention that my new test was conducted on Firefox 16.0.2, other environment was the same (32bit Firefox, on Win7 64bit).
thank you for the detailed information, I will pass it to our developers.
one more thing, please tell me - did you install our plugin directly through this page: http://todoist.com/firefox or are you referring to the experimental one in the Firefox Marketplace? The one from the Marketplace is not an official end-version, it's a test that may not function properly at this stage.
I do not install any plugin, I only access todoist from the web page.
Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue and our developers don't know what could cause this. Please tell me - how many tasks do you have approximately on your account?
Sorry for my late reply. I got my system driver damaged, had to spent several days to reinstall my whole system.
I have sent a step-by-step screenshot pdf file of reproducing this problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your question is also answered in the mail.
Thank you very much for the detailed information in your mail. Although we've never encountered such bug so far, we will try to investigate this issue in case we get similar reports in the future.
Knowing the reason/situation for the corruption of this file (the one you've experienced before, not the reproduced step) would be very helpful (if not crucial) to see what caused it in the first place, but as you've mentioned in the file - it's unknown why the file got corrupted.
Nonetheless, thank you for all the information you've provided, it will be helpful for us in further investigation.