About 20 tasks from one project disappeared overnight. Can you recover them for me?
Last night I had probably 25-30 tasks in one of my projects. This morning it has 5. None of the other projects seem to have been affected. Can you recover the lost tasks for me please?
we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to log out, clear your browser's cache and offline storage data, reload the browser and log in.
If this won't help, please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Can you see these tasks in a different browser?
- Can you remember what was the last thing you did on Todoist before this happened? Did you use any third-party mobile apps? Did you add them recently or moved between projects? If so - were you online all the time while doing it?
- Can you find these tasks when entering the project and clicking on the "Get completed tasks" link at the bottom?
- If any of these tasks have labels can you search for this label and see if it shows any of the missing tasks?
Logged out, cleared cache, offline data, reloaded and logged in, but the data didn't come back.
- Browser: Chrome 21.0.1180.89
- Tried Firefox but didn't help
- The last thing I did was Shift+Click some subtasks from the Project/Task that lost Subtasks. I was online the entire time using the above mentioned Chrome browser, and I haven't used any 3rd party apps for about a month. The subtasks that disappeared were added anywhere from a week to a couple months ago.
- I looked through "Get completed tasks" and saw none of the lost subtasks.
- Searching for labels that appeared on most of my missing subtasks did not work.
Thanks for your help.
we're very sorry for the inconvenience, but we're unable to recover these tasks :(
We're not sure how this could happen and in order to help us identify the source of this issue and fix it as soon as we can, we would appreciate if you could also tell us:
- Do you see the parent task of these sub-tasks right now or did it also disappear? Is there any specific structure that was affected, for example - the parent task with all sub-task disappeared, but a couple of other "main" tasks remained or did some sub-tasks remain?
- Are you using any plugins in your browser? If so - which ones?
All of the parent tasks remained intact. Only some of the sub- and sub-sub tasks disappeared. Some of the subtasks w/in the task where subtasks/subsubtasks disappered remained.
I am not using any plugins for my browser.
unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue and without that it's very hard to identify its source. Nonetheless, we'll continue to try to recreate it.
Also, can you remember if there was a small orange triangle icon in the upper-right corner while you were checking some tasks off?
I've seen that orange triangle before (it means not connected to the internet, right?). Anyway, I doubt that could have been the issue b/c most if not all of the subtasks and sub-subtasks that disappeared hadn't been touched in the last week or so.
The same thing just happened: a bunch of subtasks I hadn't changed in a while disappeared while I was editing other subtasks in the same task. It's so bad b/c there seems to be no possible way to even pull the tasks up on the browser so I could write them down or something. I'm guessing there's still no way to recover this data....
Actually some subtasks I had just edited also disappeared. The glitch happened when I was editing subtasks. After editing a few I tried to click on another task and nothing happened. I hit refresh and a bunch of subtasks disappeared.
Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue. If clearing both the browser's cache and offline storage/app data doesn't solve this issue (and you still can't see the missing tasks through a different browser) then please tell me:
- Where did you edit the sub-task? In the web-app, our mobile apps, our desktop apps, pluging?
- What is the task structure you were editing? Only sub-tasks on the first indent level or multiple levels (you're welcome to send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org )?
- Can you remember the exact steps to reproduce this issue and if so - can you repeat it multiple times following these steps?