Can't add projects in Outlook plugin
I have just set up the outlook plugin but it won't let me add projects. After I start up outlook I can add one project but after that I click on "add project" and nothing happens
Any ideas why?
unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue.
Please tell me:
- Which version of Outlook are you using?
- Which version of Windows are you using?
- Which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer (our plugin always uses IE to connect)?
- Are you using the plugin in its default position (snapped to the right side) without resizing or repositioning it?
Also, could you describe step-by-step how you can reproduce this issue? For example:
- Open Outlook
- Click Show projects
- Click "Add project"
- Type in the name
- Hit Enter to save it
- Click Show projects again... etc.
or confirm if these are the exact same steps you're taking with no other action in between?
Thanks David, here are the answers to your questions.
- Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007
- Which version of Windows are you using? Windows XP
- Which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer (our plugin always uses IE to connect)? IE 8
- Are you using the plugin in its default position (snapped to the right side) without resizing or repositioning it? yes
Also, could you describe step-by-step how you can reproduce this issue?
1. Open Outlook
2. Click on show projects
3. Click add project
4. Type in project name
5. click Add project button
6. click on email in mail menu so it shows in the preview pane
7. click add to todist button on top menu
8. click the project name in the todist plugin
9. add due date
10. click save
11. click on show projects
12. click add project and nothing happens…
If I close and restart outlook or logout of todist and login again I can repeat the above process. I am logging in using my google login.
thank you very much for the detailed description, it allowed us to finally reproduce this issue and we will fix it in the future revision of the Outlook plugin.
The issue seems to be related to the "Add to Todoist" button. For now, as a workaround, you can enter a project first, then open the mail and add it using the "Add email as task" link at the bottom of this project.
Thanks, I've been using your work around and it makes life so much easier!
This issue has been fixed in the updated version of our Outlook plugin.
Please uninstall the old version in your "Programs and Features" list in the Control Panel (it's listed as "OutlookTodoist") and then download and install the new version from this location: http://todoist.com/static/outlook/Todoist_For_Microsoft_Outlook.exe