Still seeing issues with task nesting
I reported this a couple of weeks ago and heard that it was fixed. But I am still seeing it after logging out and clearing my browser cache.
I can reliably reproduce it using these steps: I have a task (the first nested child of a parent task, having siblings, but no children of its own) that is due today. From the "today" query view, I change it to be due tomorrow. When I do a date query for tomorrow, it has suddenly and incorrectly picked up previous siblings as its children. This incorrect nesting persists until I go into the project view and manually restore the correct indentation.
unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue.
Given this task structure:
| - | - child1
| - | - child2
| - | - child3
where each task is due today, after moving the first child to "tomorrow" on the "today" view, it is moved correctly to tomorrow, it's the only task from this structure displayed tomorrow and it's no longer due today.
I've repeated this with each child, each repetition in both - the today and the 7 days view.
There seems to be an issue with displaying the moved child in a collapsed list under its former parent and I have forwarded this issue to the developers, however I can't break the task structure by postponing any childred/siblings.
Please tell me:
- Can you reproduce this issue in a different browser?
- Can you reproduce it after changing the version number in the URL from v=55 to v=54 which will force-redirect you back to v=55, but re-read the latest app data?
- Can you reproduce this after creating a new set of test-tasks?
Yes, I can reproduce in a different browser, after changing the version number and with a brand new set of test tasks. Perhaps it matters that the parent task name is preceded by an asterisk, so it is just a grouping title category, rather than a task itself.
New project: Test
Tasks: *Alpha, with children A1 and A2
1. Make A1 due today
2. Do a date query on today
3. From the date query view, change the due date of A1 to tomorrow
4. Do a date query on tomorrow. A1 is now at the same level as is parent Alpha, with A2 as its child.
I'm sorry for the misinformation above - the display of collapsed children is not an issue since the structure should not be changed upon date change.
Nonetheless, I've been able to reproduce this issue now, but only if I've changed the due date of the child by editing it and typing a new date.
Using the drag & drop feature and moving it to the "Postpone to tomorrow" box doesn't trigger this bug so please use this option for now, as a workaround.
Thank you very much for your report.
Changing it to *any* date by typing it in and then doing a date query on the new date reveals the problem but postponing to the next day is the most common use case, so thanks for the workaround there.
This also happens even without changing the due date if you just edit the task description in the date query view and then reexecute the date query.
thank you very much for this information, I can confirm - this behavior also occurs upon using the "Save" button while in the today view. I have passed this to the developers.
this issue has been fixed. The structure will no longer be broken when editing a task on the search result page.
Again, thank you very much for your report and sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.