Message and email reminders are not working.
I must be doing something wrong, but I doubt it. It's not difficult to set up reminders, but it's just not working for me.
thank you very much for your report. To help us identify the issue, please tell me:
- How exactly are you setting up a reminder - through the "Reminder" option in the right-click menu, by typing <remind today at 3pm> within the task name or by typing a due time?
- Does this issue affect both one-time reminders and recurring reminders or only one of them?
Thanks for your quick reply. Not unexpectedly, I was the problem. What I think happened is that I changed the time zone in preferences AFTER I set the reminders. I saw last night that the reminders were coming in a couple of hours late, and I guess that was because the time zone was wrong when I setup the reminders.
In any case, email reminders are now working perfectly.
But mobile SMS message are not getting though to Rogers (in Toronto). Have other Canadian users had problems with Rogers? Or is it me doing something wrong again.
there might be an issue with SMS reminders currently, but to make sure whether you're affected by it, please try to use the "Send atest" option in the Reminders settings and make sure that:
- you've chosen "Elsewhere (not on the list)" as your location,
- you've included a country and area code in your phone number
- you haven't used any spaces or dashes within the number.
I followed your instructions exactly and SMS "send a test" works perfectly.
Thanks very much for your amazingly fast help. I really appreciate it. This quality of support is just not seen any more, so you certainly stand out as better than the rest.