Outlook plug in will not install on non-admin account
I have tried numerous installations but no matter what I try the plug in does not appear on the users installed software list. I suspect that since the need for an Admin override is needed it can only be installed for the Admin account.
Running the install states the installation is up to date. I have tried adding the plug in through the COM manager to no avail.
What is the workaround for this?
This is for a Win7 64-bit OS running Office 2010 Pro 32-bit.
I have forwarded this issue to the developers and we will try to address this issue in future revisions of this plugin.
Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry for any inconvenience.
I hope you come up with something because this could be useful in my office environment but not if it can't be installed on a secured workstation.
Bit of a silly issue if you ask me. I've never had a piece of software do that before so it feels like something got missed.
I've got the same problem. Also a network secured machine. I have "local admin" credentials to install the plug-in, but it does not apply in my user account.
I'm running Windows 8 64-bit. If I access Outlook from my Windows admin account, the Todoist window appears. If I access Outlook from a non-admin Windows account, Todoist does not appear. If I look at the Outlook add-ins from the non-admin account, Todoist does not appear. If I I access Outlook from a non-admin Windows account but I start Outlook to "Run as Administrator," Todist shows up.
I would bet that if a Todoist developer would take a few minutes and trace the startup of Outlook in non-admin mode using Sysinternals (Microsoft) Process Monitor they would find a permissions issue when the Todoist plugin is started.
This is basic stuff. Microsoft is encouraging users to run in non-admin mode to prevent malware. Todoist should be able to run in non-admin mode just like the 57 other applications I use.
we've very sorry for this inconvenience, we are currently working on this issue and it will be addressed in the next release of our Outlook plugin.
that seems to address my problem very well, so please give me a notice when releasing the next version of your Outlook plugin. Thanks! Regards - Arne
This issue should been fixed in the updated version of our Outlook plugin.
Please uninstall the old version in your "Programs and Features" list in the Control Panel (it's listed as "OutlookTodoist") and then download and install the new version from this location: http://todoist.com/static/outlook/Todoist_For_Microsoft_Outlook.exe and let us know if it persists.
seem to work now, thank you so much! That has been one of the bigger issues of my working life so far! You've been doing a great job during the last one or two years!