Some good suggestions here
I can't find your email address - if there is a better place to send this, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've just recently discovered your Todoist webspage and mobile app - and I mostly love it!
It's so great to finally find an interface that looks elegant. modern, uncluttered and not geeky/spreadsheety.
I have some suggestions that I think would improve this further
- Delete the SAVE button. I find this very 1900's and clunky. Once I've made an edit I should be able to click off the entry and assume that it has saved my edits. Particularly as a to do list is something I am constantly making small edits too.
- I find the grey rectangle that appears when I click on an event to be annoying - If you keep your eye on the event text, they jump up a line for starters, the text colour reverts to black (if the event is prioritised). Personally I would do away with this rectangle altogether and include the date/calendar edits in with the settings gear icon. Just have one place to go. It's confusing having 2 options.
- You could then double click on an entry if you want to change the text
- Include a permanent drag button, like Gmail tasks has, so you don't have to click 'reorder' and 'done reordering'. Even better is you just click on the task name and simply drag it (assuming you have deleted the grey box as suggested above).
- I would really like to be able to reorder in TODAY view, or any other view. This is the only place where I view the tasks anyway, so otherwise I cannot reorder anything.
- If you are going to stick with automatic ordering, I appreciate you have put the red tasks first, etc, but it would be even better if the automatic order prioritised the red tasks according to the order I have put the projects in. ie. whichever project is first, any red tasks from that list would be above any others, etc
- Could the check boxes not be bolded?..this would look less clunky
- Is there a reason the 'Next 7 days' view doesn't include 'Today'?
- It would if we could set it to open on a particular view. eg. Today.
- a drop down menu would be good for date - or the usual iphone date selector.
- It would be great to automatically set it to sync on each opening
thank you very much for all your suggestions, we greatly appreciate them and they will help us make our product even better in the future.
You're welcome to add requests for different features or vote for existing suggestions in our Votebox: http://todoist.com/Vote/
As for the suggestions you've posted here:
- You don't need to use the Save button. When you edit a task, simply click Enter and the changes will be saved, but even that's not necessary - if you click on a different task after editing a previous task, all changes made will be saved automatically.
- We will consider changing the design of the input box, but for now, the reason why we did use the gear icon to set due dates is because this would require saving the task first and then using the mouse to add a due date into it and thank to the task input field, you can easily type multiple tasks without using the mouse and simply clicking the Tab key to get to the due date input field and type short dates like "tom" (for tomorrow) "ev day" (for every day), hit enter and continue adding another task.
- You can edit a task by clicking on it once with the left mouse button.
- The drag & drop feature as well as reordering the Today lists are suggested in our Votebox, you're welcome to add your vote:
- We will improve our ordering system in the future. Right now, it's being ordered primarily by date, then by priority.
As for your suggestion for the mobile version - they will be implemented in the future in our new native mobile apps. They're almost finished (see this announcement: https://plus.google.com/b/106827182652048588353/106827182652048588353/posts/Uwkb8k7mwin ) and you can still sign up for the beta: and help us make them even better: https://plus.google.com/b/106827182652048588353/106827182652048588353/posts/LPT2ERLkn6J We would greatly appreciate your help :)
Thanks for your quick reply.
It's good to get a sense that you are aware of most of these issues and in the process of addressing them.
I think the grey box is a major issue. Hoepfully you will find a technical way to only have one place to edit all features of a task, rather than two.
most of the task properties can be changed within the input box or set right away while typing the task name. For example, if you type this into the input box:
Buy milk !p1 @shopping <remind tod at 4pm>
A task called "Buy milk" will be added with priority 1, a label called "shopping" and a reminder for today at 4 pm. Hitting the Tab key brings you to the due date field.
That said, the menu could only be used primarily to delete or postpone a task.
Still, we appreciate your feedback and will consider in in future development.
Thanks for that info - I wasn't aware of that. I'll give it a go. It does seem a bit geeky though for such an otherwise slick website.
Just having the four coloured numbers in the top right corner of the pop-up box would be way simpler - but perhaps that is technically difficult?
Also I notice that once I add a task, the open window then defaults to the following day. eg. If I add a task for today, it jumps to tomorrow.
I don't know what the point of that is, but I find it very disorientating, particularly if the event is sometime next week and then I realise I want to change something.
the fact that that you're being redirected to the following day is actually a bug and we're working on it right now. It only affects the Quick Add option (you won't be redirected anywhere when adding tasks within a project) and when fixed, it should redirect you to the day that you've set as a due date for the task so that when you want to quickly schedule something, you'll immediately see other tasks for this day and can make sure that the scheduled day/time doesn't collide with other tasks.
Thanks for your prompt reply David.
the bug causing the wrong redirection has been fixed and adding a task using the "Quick add" option should now redirect you to the correct day.
Thanks for fixing that
Please go to this page in Vote Box to vote on this topic.
In particular, please consider my suggestion made on 31st October 2013.
So, please go here and vote and also comment: