Some good suggestions here
I can't find your email address - if there is a better place to send this, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've just recently discovered your Todoist webspage and mobile app - and I mostly love it!
It's so great to finally find an interface that looks elegant. modern, uncluttered and not geeky/spreadsheety.
I have some suggestions that I think would improve this further
- Delete the SAVE button. I find this very 1900's and clunky. Once I've made an edit I should be able to click off the entry and assume that it has saved my edits. Particularly as a to do list is something I am constantly making small edits too.
- I find the grey rectangle that appears when I click on an event to be annoying - If you keep your eye on the event text, they jump up a line for starters, the text colour reverts to black (if the event is prioritised). Personally I would do away with this rectangle altogether and include the date/calendar edits in with the settings gear icon. Just have one place to go. It's confusing having 2 options.
- You could then double click on an entry if you want to change the text
- Include a permanent drag button, like Gmail tasks has, so you don't have to click 'reorder' and 'done reordering'. Even better is you just click on the task name and simply drag it (assuming you have deleted the grey box as suggested above).
- I would really like to be able to reorder in TODAY view, or any other view. This is the only place where I view the tasks anyway, so otherwise I cannot reorder anything.
- If you are going to stick with automatic ordering, I appreciate you have put the red tasks first, etc, but it would be even better if the automatic order prioritised the red tasks according to the order I have put the projects in. ie. whichever project is first, any red tasks from that list would be above any others, etc
- Could the check boxes not be bolded?..this would look less clunky
- Is there a reason the 'Next 7 days' view doesn't include 'Today'?
- It would if we could set it to open on a particular view. eg. Today.
- a drop down menu would be good for date - or the usual iphone date selector.
- It would be great to automatically set it to sync on each opening