Why does adding tasks like "tomorrow @6:00pm" redirect me to the day after?
When I add a task (using Ctrl+Q) and give it a due date 6pm or later on a given day, Todoist redirects me to the day after. This is a little confusing, since my new task won't be in the list.
I'm guessing that Todoist just doesn't consider my time zone when doing this redirection? I'm in U.S. Central Standard Time Zone, which is GMT-6.
please tell me:
- Which time zone are you using in Todoist's Preferences?
- Does this issue also occur if you change your timezone to one from the bottom of the list without a location?
- Are you system clock as well as your system time zone settings the same as the ones you use in Todoist's preferences?
In Todoist preferences, I'm set as "GMT-06:00 - Central Time (US & Canada)". The problem persists after changing to the generic GMT-6:00. My system clock and time zone preferences are set to central time.
unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue.
Please tell me:
- Is "tomorrow @6:00pm" the exact date format you're using (if not - what's the exact format)? Does this also happen if you type "tod @ 7pm" for example?
- Which date/time formats (12h/24h, DD-MM or MM-DD) are you using in Todoist preferences?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through the website or through a plugin (if so - which one)?
- Does this only happen when using the CTRL+Q Quick-Add feature or also when adding a task directly into a project?
- Does clearing the browser cache help?
- Yes, "tomorrow @6:00pm" and "tod @ 7pm" both trigger the issue.
- In preferences, I'm using "MM-DD-YYYY", 12-hour time.
- I'm accessing Todoist directly through the website.
- It only happens with quick-add, because when adding directly to a project Todoist keeps me on the project page rather than redirecting to the day the task was added to.
- Browser cache clear doesn't help. I get the same issue in Chrome on both Mac and Linux.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, it's indeed only an issue with the redirection and not the date/time itself.
I have forwarded this to the developers and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for reporting this issue.
we have fixed this issue and you should be redirected to the correct day when adding a task regardless of the due time.
Again, thank you for reporting it and sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.