Hitting the "S" key does nothing, neither does sorting from the gear icon.
please try to force-reload the page with CTRL+F5 and clear your browser cache.
If this doesn't help, please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Does this issue also occur in a different browser?
- Does this issue occur in all your projects?
- If you create a new test project, add a couple of tasks with different due dates and try the "Sort by date" option (or the "S" key), does it work within the new project.
- If you move tasks from the project in which it doesn't work to a new project, does this solve this issue (note you can quickly move multiple tasks by selecting them while holding the CTRL key and then using the "Move to projects" link from the menu bar which will appear at the top of your screen)?
Thanks for the prompt reply David!
Force reload didn't help.
Same problem in Firefox on Windows 7 and Firefox on Mac. As well as Safari on Mac.
The problem only appears in my main project list with 611 tasks. Other projects not affected.
I moved some tasks from the affected project to a new project, which worked fine. However, when I moved those same tasks back to the affected project, the tasks which included sub-tasks became corrupted (the header or main task changed into a single task, and the sub-tasks were added to a different single task, if that makes any sense).
I'm considering moving the 611 tasks to a new project. Is there an easy way to select ALL the tasks in a project, instead of holding Ctrl and clicking on each one individually?
Or do you have any other suggestions?
we're still unable to reproduce this issue and identify what's causing it which would be necessary to fix it :(
However, moving your tasks to a new project seems as a workaround which "fixes" this problem so I'm afraid this is the only option for now.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to select all tasks at once so you would need to select them one-by-one and then use the "Move to project" option.
Also, 600+ tasks are quite a lot and to improve Todoist's performance, please note that just as you can add sub-task, you can also create sub-projects with 3 indent levels and therefore sort some of your tasks as separate sub-projects.
Thanks David, I'll do that!