[BUG] Set reminders
Hello , The below post was made a few months ago.
"when I set a reminder, Todoist adds eight hours at a time that I had set. For example: I put "tom @ 9" (tomorrow at 09:00 am) and appears at 17:00 pm. Any reminder that I set up Todoist add eight hours."
I am having the same exact problem, and in fact the same time difference, 8 hours.
I am in Cairo, Egypt. I have set my time zone in the preference menu at GMT +2.
As I purchased the premium service for the reminder feature so I am keen to get it up and running.
Thanks very much...
please tell me:
- If you set a regular due date for a task (like: tomorrow @ 16:00, for example), does the correct date appear on the right side of the task name or is it being changed +8h as well?
- Did you set SMS or email as the default reminder type?
- Are you using the 12 or 24-hour time format?
- What exact due date and reminder date/time are you using?
Also, please try to type: <remind today at 4pm> (or any time in the nearest future) within a task name and let me know if you receive the reminder at this time.
Thanks for the speedy reply.
Here is the answer to your questions and then below I will give you and update on my further investigation into this matter.
please tell me:
- If you set a regular due date for a task (like: tomorrow @ 16:00, for example), does the correct date appear on the right side of the task name or is it being changed +8h as well? (BEING CHANGED AS WELL)
- Did you set SMS or email as the default reminder type? (EMAIL)
- Are you using the 12 or 24-hour time format? ( I TRIED BOTH)
- What exact due date and reminder date/time are you using? ( I TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT DATE TIME FORMATS)
Also, please try to type: <remind today at 4pm> (or any time in the nearest future) within a task name and let me know if you receive the reminder at this time. (ACTUALLY WHEN I TYPED <remind today at 4pm> I was told it is an invalid date.
ADDITIONAL information -
I tried Todoist from both the web site and from firefox on my mac OX x version 10.5.7 and the same problem occurs. (on a strange note, today instead of 8 it is a 10 hour difference). And the problem persists.
However when I fired up my PC laptop I used todoist from the web site and firefox and it worked perfectly from here. No problem when I entered the time and date reminder. However the "type" of reminder only allowed for "absolute" with no other option offered.
One last thing to mention. When I entered the correct time and date reminder from my PC (windows 7) I then went back to the MAC to see what it now recorded I did a refresh and the correct time did in fact come up on the MAC.
In conclusion. On the MAC, from any format, we are not getting the correct time when a reminder is set. A time of 8 and 10 hours ahead is being presented.
When we use Windows 7 from my PC the date and time reminder is working fine from any interface.
Soooooo, what do you think?
this is very unusual.
If you type <remind today @ 4pm>, please type it into the task NAME and not the due date, for example:
Buy concert tickets <remind today @ 4 pm>
and you can leave the due date blank. Please confirm that this is what you did as this shouldn't return an "invalid date" error and could be a separate bug.
Also, it would be very helpful if you would post some exact examples of due dates/times or reminder formats you've been using in order to identify or reproduce this issue.
As for the absolute and relative reminder issue - a relative reminder can only be set for a task that has a specified due TIME. For example, if you type into the due date field: tom @ 16:00, only then you'll be able to set a relative reminder for "30 minutes before deadline" or "1 hour before deadline".
You can see how reminders should work in detail in this short video:
As for the issue itself, it is very unusual. I will forward it to the developers and will notify you about any progress.
Please also tell me:
- Are you're using the same Todoist account on both computers with the same settings?
- Have you cleared all your browser's cache?
- Does reloading the page in your Mac after seeing the wrong date using CTRL + SHIFT + R change anything?
- Which version of Firefox are you using on your Mac? Is it a final stable release or a beta build?
- Are you using any ad- or script-blocking plugins?