+ Add Question

I believe there is something wrong with the calendar.

CH

When I add a new task and set the due date, it defaults me to December of 2012. I can add the correct date/time to the task, but it believes that it is in the past. It therefore makes all of my tasks appear overdue. Please fix.

All responses

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 13, 2012 - 08:45

Hello Chad,

please tell me - which exact due date are you typing into the date field?


Best regards,
David

CH
Chad Hale
Replied on Jan 13, 2012 - 08:56

Monday, January 16, 2012

But it is not only for this date. When i open the calendar on my task, it believes that we are in December of 2012 and defaults me to December 13, 2012 as the current day.

David Trey staff
Replied on Jan 13, 2012 - 09:15

Chad,

the date format you're using is not properly supported by Todoist. You can only use dates listed here:
http://todoist.com/Help/timeInsert

In order to set a task for monday, simply type: monday within the due date field or jan 16.

As for the calendar issue - unfortunately, I can't reproduce it. Please try to force reload the page using CTRL+F5 and if it won't help - clear your cache.

If this also doesn't solve this issue, please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Does this issue also occur in a different browser?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through the website or through a plugin (if so - which one)?
- Does this issue occur on every newly added task when you click within the due date field?


Best regards,
David

CH
Chad Hale
Replied on Jan 13, 2012 - 10:09

I was not actually inputting the date (Monday, January 16, 2012) verbatim. I was using the calendar tool to select this date.
And even when I would input the date in the correct "todoist" accepted formats, it still insisted that the date was in the past.

Refreshing the browser and logging out and back in did not fix the problem. Finally, closing then reopening the browser and logging back in fixed the problem. I'm not exactly sure what caused the problem initially.

For your info, I was using the Chrome browser when this issue occurred. Thank you for your time and prompt replies.

Chad Hale

CW
Christian Walter premium
Replied on Mar 26, 2012 - 03:59

I just had the same problem. Refreshing etc. did not help, only restarting the browser did.

Maybe I can add some more information on how this problem occured so that you might be able to locate it.

Browser: Chrome

How this problem occured:

I accidently changed the date in windows to April, 16th 2012. This led to a wrong date in Todoist. However, changing the date back to the right one did not help. Todoist somehow remembers the wrong date so that only a restart of the browser solves the issue.

The strange thing is that todoist was already open when I accidently changed the date to April. At this point todoist realized the change and suddenly showed all tasks as overdue. However, the second shift back to march was not recognised....

David Trey staff
Replied on Mar 26, 2012 - 12:01

Hello Christian,

please tell me - after correcting the date, did you refresh the page using F5/reload button or force-reloaded the page using Ctrl+F5?


Best regards,
David

CW
Christian Walter premium
Replied on Mar 26, 2012 - 21:31

Hi David,

yes I tried reloading the page, but it did not help. Even opening a new browser window and logging in into Todoist again did not solve the issue.

Only restarting the computer worked. What I did not try is closing the browser completely and reopen it. So this might have worked too.

Best regards
Christian

Brendon Wadey staff
Replied on Aug 30, 2014 - 22:17

Hi,

This is now a known issue, where dates are entered wrong in the creation process, among a few other date related issues. We are looking into it now.


Regards,
Brendon

R
Roseanne
Replied on Aug 30, 2014 - 22:20

I think I am having the same problem. I open a quick task in my plug in, and the date automatically says April 21. It knows that isn't today's date, but it's still the auto date for my plug in and web use. It shows correctly on my iOS version. I tried reloading the page, rebooting the browser, and rebooting the computer, and nothing changed. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying. Thanks for your help!