Error when selecting a label
There seems to be an error when a label is selected.
Let's say I create a label "Computer" to say that a task needs to be done while at a computer.
While entering the task, I type the first significant characters, eg "com". The word "Computer" appears in the label selection list. I press "Enter" to select. I see the @Computer get written in to the task text and save the task. However, the label is wrongly created with the text I typed, eg "Com". Thus, a) a new label of "com" is created, and b) I have a label I didn't intend by the task.
Please could the above be corrected? I have a current workaround, which is that I have to type the full label text every time I want to refer to it, which makes the selection list rather pointless.
please tell me:
- Which browser are you using?
- Does this issue also occur in a different browser?
- Are you accessing Todoist directly through the website or through a plugin (if so - which one)?
I am using Chrome. The same problem also seems to occur in Firefox, so it is probably not browser-related.
I am accessing Todoist directly, not through a plugin.
The problem I had seems to be related to a failure of the label editing process, to properly discard the old labels.
What seems to happen is that old versions of a label are retained, and so either appear in the selection list offered to the user, or are used when saving a label, instead of the one the user intended.
For example: create a label "computer". Now edit it to "computing". When you next seek to add a label, both choices will be offered.
When I tested just now, provided one selected the right choice of label, it was correctly added to a task line. I haven't been able to reproduce the cirumstance where the label was placed into the line, but a shortened version of it was actually saved as a label, but I guess it's possibly a related issue.
thank you for pointing out this issue, I have forwarded it to the developers.
For now, please use Ctrl+F5 to force-reload the page after editing a label. This seems to solve this issue and discard the old version of this label.
this issue has been fixed. You can now edit a label and it both the old label will no longer cached in the auto-completion option and there won't be any issues when selecting a label from the drop-down menu.
Again, thank you for reporting this bug and sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.