Add Task fails in Chrome after Premium upgrade
I have used ToDoist in Chrome for a year. I use both the Website and I recently installed Chrome App browser button although I don't like it as well.
Immediately after upgrading to Premium (?), in Website ToDoist, the "Add Task" feature stopped working. This pretty much disables ToDoist. The similar-looking "Add Project" feature is fine. On the other hand, if I used the Chrome App instead, both "Add Task" and "Add Project" features still work. I have rebooted the Win7 PC, etc. This problem occurs in Chrome (my normal browser) but not in IE.
I prefer to use ToDoist in regular website Chrome, not with the App button and not by going to IE. So it's very frustrating that the "Add Task" button is "dead" and does nothing. This seems like an unusual failure mode so I thought you might find it interesting, as well as being a big problem for me right now.
Summary: Win7, Chrome, Premium.
Works in Chrome: Add Project. Fails in Chrome: Add Task.
Works in Chrome_ToDoistApp: Add Project and Add Task.
Works in IE: Add Project and Add Task.
It seems to be caused by using this link to open ToDoist:
(Although this method worked until this afternoon.)
If I open in:
It is OK.
Frankly, I would rather open in VIEW ALL again, if I could. If it is a bug that can be fixed.
I got help from this thread:
thank you for your detailed feedback and I'm glad you've found a solution to this issue.
The reason why you've experienced it was the fact that we offer our Premium members a secure connection via HTTPS and the link you've used to access Todoist starts with HTTP.
You can still access the "View All" page, if you like, simply switch the link from:
Sorry for any inconvenience.
I think this issue should now be resolved for future users. Please let us know if this is not the case.