Firefox continual load cycle
Using Firefox 5.0.1 on Windows, my Todoist account home page continually cycles trying to load a new page. It shows URL
but continually switches to
and then switches back.
My project list displays correctly, but because the page is continually reloading I can't open any project to view the tasks within.
Site works properly in Chrome, so I can access it, but it would be nice to use my primary browser. Based on answers to other support issues, I've cleared the cache and verified that Firefox is not storing offline data for this site.
I am running plugins like NoScript and Ghostery, but I have verified that todoist.com and cloudfront.net are whitelisted in both.
please try to log in through:
and once you get redirected to either of the URLs you've mentioned above, close the tab (or switch to your homepage) and then try going to:
In order to properly identify the issue, please let me know if this helps or if you still get redirected using this URL.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I see the same behavior when I do what you suggested. Sometimes the load of the new page is slow and I see the centered black-on-white "Todoist loading..." message on the #start URL but that appears to be due only to a delay in loading, not a change in behavior from what I described earlier.
Please tell me:
- Did you experience this issue in the past? If so - when? If not - when did it happen for the first time exactly?
- What operating system are you using?
- What's your location?
- Have you installed any new plugins/add-ons lately?
Also, please try to temporarily disable NoScript and Ghostery completely.
By process of elimination, I've found the problem is the firefox extention HTTPS-Everywhere:
FWIW, I've never had a problem with this extension on any other site, and I didn't have a problem on todoist until recently.
This problem started last week, around the same time that the data from the outage was restored. I assumed it might be related to the outage so muddled along using a different browser for a while.
Disabling HTTPS-Everywhere fixes the problem with todoist, but now I'm left having to choose which of the two is more important to me.
Thank you for this info, it will help us to identify and fix this issue so that you won't have to choose between Todoist and HTTPS-Everywhere.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
I had the same problem. Until it's fixed, you can go to tools->addons->https everywhere->preferences, search todoist and click in the checkmark to disable https everywhere in todoist
I'm on another thread, but here is the direct error from noscript:
Hmm at work it seems to be working fine, but the content-encoding is set. I don't believe it was from home. I'll double check tonight.