Negative Task Count
If you look at my account, you will see a project called Shopping that has -18 tasks. I assume this isn't expected behavior. I have been working on a native app for WP7, so I might have been using the API incorrectly. Please let me know if this is my bug or yours.
since all available Todoist apps are 3rd party solutions (our apps will be released soon), we can't completely guarantee that they will work perfectly.
It's not your bug, this has happened to some users before.
In order to help reproducing this bug, please tell me:
- Do you also see a negative task amount using Todoist directly on a computer?
- Can you remember when this happened, did it happen suddenly after performing a particular action?
- If you access Todoist through a computer and refresh the page using Ctrl+F5, do you still see -18 tasks?
The negative task count is visible in my browser. It is the same in Chrome or IE9 even if I force a refresh. I think this happened when I completed tasks from my phone. If you like, I would be happy to give you access to the source of my app. You could run it in the WP7 emulator to see what is going on.
I have a negative task count also, in a task group called "Meeting" I have a counter that shows -2 tasks.
I think that I managed to complete both a task and its sub-task twice, and that is how it came to be this way.
I started working with the Todoist website on a second computer and I noticed that two tasks were not shown as completed, even though I remembered completing them just hours ago. I completed them again, and the count went from 0 to -2.
(I only use the todoist website itself and firefox extension, I have started backing up my todoist with the PHP script from icebowie/Bitbucket but I have not used the API to write to my todoist account.)
Now that I have backed up my projects, I am comfortable deleting them, so I tried to complete the remaining tasks and delete all completed tasks, with the link at the bottom of the project.
The count is still at -2.
I also see the same count in my firefox extension.
please tell me:
- If you add a task to this project, does the count change to "-1" or "1"? Please try to add a task to this project and refresh the page using Ctrl+F5.
- From which view did you complete the tasks twice?
- Do you see the same negative count through a different browser?
- Did you move any tasks from or to this project?
I am not sure which view first observed the change...
Creating a new task from an empty task list resulted in a count of 0, then on page refresh the count was accurate at 1.
I haven't moved any tasks around from project to project that I recall (it's news to me that you can do this)
The same count showed up on each of the computers as well as the firefox extension. Now that I have visited this project with every view, the count is accurate everywhere.
Thanks for your help in resolving this issue!
I was able to duplicate the negative count in this way:
1) reset the count to 0, by clearing the list and adding a new task to reinitialize the count.
2) delete the task. visit the project in any view, the count is now set to zero. make sure you visit the task by using the firefox extension.
2b) add something to the list. make sure it's seen by every view.
3) Then, completely delete the task from the web interface only. come back to visit the task from another view. the task is still there, and the count is at 0. complete or delete the task, and the count is at -1.
I am not sure I have completely described the process, but it was not hard to duplicate the count of -1.
Thank you for the information, I was able to reproduce this issue.
Basically, the Todoist for Firefox extension wasn't meant to be used with, but instead of the Todoist website. Therefore, combining these two results in this glitch, which can be avoided by right-clicking within the Todoist plugin and choosing "Reload".
I've also got this problem. I use todoist directly via web, not as a firefox extension, but use it from home and office (so you probably can reproduce it just in two browsers at the same computer). When I complete a task from home, it's ok, but this task is still incomplete when I see it from office. If i forget refreshing screen before completing same task twice from another location, counter gets negative.
I have forwarded this to the developers. Thank you for pointing it out and sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused you.