Overdue items do not show in the correct order
If I enter "overdue, 3 days" in the search bar, I get my todo items listed in the following order:
5 days ago
6 days ago
10 days ago
Two things seem to be happening:
1) The overdue list is not in reverse order - personally, I'd expect the 10 days ago to be listed first. Thus: 10 days ago, 6 days ago, 5 days ago.
2) When adding "3 days", "priority 1" or some other requirement, the second requirement is placed in the middle of the overdue list. Obviously, it should be placed in the order requested in the search bar.
it's not a bug, that's how the search results work they show:
- overdue tasks up to 5 days in reverse order,
- current tasks up to x days, depending on how many you query,
- additional query,
- tasks overdue by 6+ days in ascending order.
This way you can easily see:
- things you've missed, but aren't that old,
- things to do right now + in the future,
- anything else you're looking for,
- an archive of things you've missed long ago.
Same goes for other queries, if you add "priority 1", you'll get the same pattern, which always shows overdue tasks broken into:
- -5 days
- -4 days
- -3 days
- -2 days
- -1 days
- EVERYTHING ELSE
- -6 days
- -7 days
The "overdue" query always returns the results this way regardless of where you put it, so looking for "priority 1, 3 days, overdue", you'd get:
- -5 to -1 days
- priority 1
- +1 to +3 days
- -6 days and older
Still, thank you for your feedback and your suggestion, we appreciate it and will consider adding more options to the search bar and search results in future development.
Thanks for the explanation about it being intended functionality.
I would be very grateful if the format I described could be added as an extra option (ie all overdue items are listed in chronological order [oldest first]). From my point of view, it's counter-intuitive and dangerous for overdue items to fall to the end of the list after 5 days - listing them all together with the oldest first is the most efficient means of catching up and ensuring that a missed deadline is not aggravated further.
you can vote for this on https://todoist.com/Vote/showProposal/27/