new iOS app feedback
enclosed some initial feedback on the new iOS app; I have obviously only been using it for a few hours, so there is likely more to come ...
- there is now a iPad app
- the app syncs automatically; in the old one I always had to trigger a sync
- for me the app has been very stable so far on both iPhone and iPad: i have not yet experienced any crashes (unlike other testers)
- while the app does now correctly indent subtasks, it does one cannot expand/collapse subtask lists
- no landscape mode on iPhone
- I cannot seem to access file attachments
- task "elements" are arranged differently between platforms; on iOS line one contains only the task title, line two shows date on the left, followed by notes and labels on the right. In the web app, the first line contains title and notes on the left and due date on the right and the second line contains the labels on the left.
I like the iOS outline more and would like to see it in the web app, also
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Expanding/collapsing tasks and projects will be available in the future. It's already on the Android version, but it's been added there recently so after the launch of the iOS app, we'll add it there too.
Reg. file attachments - what types of files do you have attached? I've just tested it by uploading a PNG image to a task note and I could tap on it and the image opened in Safari.
We will unify the display and arrangement of notes/labels etc. across platforms in the future.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback, if you'll have any more suggestions, observations or bug reports, please let us know anytime :)
I guess I have to apologize regarding attachment opening: when I tried it this morning, it simply displayed the link, but did not open it, now I have tried several attachments (PDF documents) and both phone and tablet and all worked flawlessly.
So whatever went wrong this morning was properly due to lack of coffee on my part :-)
I seem not to be able to archive a project in the iOS app?
Unfortunately, that's not possible in our mobile apps right now, but we'll consider adding it in next updates of both apps.
Ever since I started using the beta of the new iOS app, it felt "wrong" somehow, but I never could pin point what bugged me. This morning I had to do some work in Todoist and then it hit me:
The iOS app is not a full blown task management app - it is merely an add-on to the deskptop apps. It's nice and convenient to do some things quickly like adding or completing a few tasks or adding a quick note to a task. But with so many important features missing, e.g.
- project archiving
- task ordering
I could never replace the web site or desktop apps with the iOS app.
The new app is a step in the right direction - I especially like that it does now sync reliably and automatically - but it is far from "done".
Thank you for your feedback. We will of course implement more features to our mobile apps. Reminders can already be set by typing <remind tod at 2pm> within the task's name, we'll add a better reminder management in the future, same applies to task sorting and project archiving may be possible, too :)