Is it possible to search tasks, notes, etc. in the iPhone app? I can't seem to find this option.
Right now, you can save searches in the "filters" section, but in the current version of the app there are some limitations. We will add more possibilities for better searches and fix some issues which this feature currently has in next revisions of our app.
Hmmm. I checked out the "filters" section in the app, but I can't get it to do what I want. If I want to search for the word "gift" in my lists, I'm assuming I would type q:gift in the query box and then select the check mark in the upper-right corner, but nothing happens. Not sure what the "Name" box above it is for, and the "View all available types" link doesn't appear to give any instructions about this either.
The filter section isn't a direct search. It allows you to add filters, save them and then use them quickly from the list.
According to your example, this is how you can create this filter:
- go to the filters tab,
- tap "Manage filters" at the bottom,
- tap "Add filter",
- in the "Name" field choose a name under which this filter will be shown on the filter list,
- in the "Query" filed type q: gift (small q and a space after the colon),
- tap the checkmark in the top-right corner
- tap "Done editing" at the bottom of the filter list.
Now, you will see the newly added filter with the number of tasks that meet the search criteria on the right side. Tapping on it will display these tasks.