Bug: Reminders fire for complete tasks
Steps to replicate:
1) Create a task, typically, recurrent, i.e. "ev Fri"
2) Set a reminder that would fire at a given time of the day, i.e. every Friday at 3pm "ev Fri @ 3pm" *
3) In a given week, complete a task
- Once the task has been complete before the reminder time, its associated reminder shouldn't fire
- Reminder will fire regardless of when the task has been completed
* This has been verified with mobile notification (push) tasks
Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce this issue. If I have a task that as a reminder set, and I complete that task, I do not receive the reminder for it.
Does this happen only with the Android app notifications? Does it only happen with tasks you create on Android?
Hey, Brandon --
It is possible that the reminders in question have been created on Android app. I'm not sure what difference there is between the Android app and the web based one, but this might be the case.
Also, the reminders in question are all mobile (push) type notifications.
Please tell me - did you complete this task while being online or did you sync your data between the time the task was completed and the reminder arrived?
Technically, completing a task offline without syncing the information about this completion with the server will indeed fire the reminder because they are not generated by the app itself, but sent through Google's servers so if on our servers, the version of the data (not synced with the completion) still shows this task as active, the server will behave as if it's still active and send the reminder.
I'm always online: either using Windows/web based application or Android version on the phone that has its WiFi/data on at all times.
Please tell me - if you create a new test task with similar properties, but do it on the web at todoist.com does this issue persist under these circumstances?