Discover how easy task management can be
Watch a short guide to Todoist most important features.
- Open the Users tab on the left side of your admin console.
- Click the invite users link next to Users of Organization N.
- Type email addresses of the people you’d like to invite. At the top of your window you’ll see a number of remaining invites.
- When you're done, click the Send invites button at the bottom of your window.
Once invitations have been sent, users will get one of the following two statuses:
- Invited – Placeholder accounts are created until users accept their invitations, at which point they’ll be walked through the process of setting up their new accounts.
- User – Users who have accepted your invitations.
Managing your account
See an overview of your business account by opening the Account and Billing tab in the left side of your admin console. To edit your team name, click the edit link next to your team’s name. Here you’ll also find the total number of active and invited members as well as your next renewal date.
Open the Users tab on the left side of your admin console to see the total number of active and invited users at the top of the list of members. To search for any user, simply type their name or email address in the search field at the top right corner.
To reset a user’s password, make them an admin, or remove a user, click the gear icon to the right of the user’s name and select respective action from the drop-down menu.
Setting shared project permissions
Open the Sharing tab on the left side of your admin console to change or set shared project permissions.
To determine whether projects can be shared outside of the business account, check yes/no under Can people share projects outside Organization N? If you allow sharing outside of the account, the owner of a project will be able to decide on sharing permissions for individual projects.
To determine whether people can join projects outside of the business account, check yes/no under Can people join shared projects outside Organization N?
Accessing billing details
To see your current plan and billing information, track all of your transactions and download invoices, open the Account and Billing tab on the left side of your admin console.
Your current plan information includes the number of licenses, yearly rate and the total price for the organization. Billing information includes your payment details: credit card number and expiry date. To update billing information, click the update billing information link next to Billing information. Billing history includes all of your transactions and respective invoices. Each transaction has its own line item, which includes the date, description, and the amount.
Todoist employs a 24/7 engineering operations team that maintains up-to-date firewall protection, intrusion detection, and access control audits on multiple levels. All communication to and from Todoist servers is fully SSL-encrypted with a 256-bit key. We never access user data and we never pass it to third-parties.
Todoist is prepared to handle an extremely high volume of requests. The scalability characteristics of the service ensure that it’s always there whenever you need it. Our general availability is in the 99.99% range. We make daily backups which keeps your data secure and accessible at all times.
1. What’s the difference between Todoist and Todoist for Business?
Todoist for Business offers the following benefits of Todoist:
- easily add and manage users from one central place with a few clicks,
- manage payments and invoices in one central place,
- easily delete users (for example, when an employee leaves the company),
- limit sharing inside their organization (for example, only make it possible to share projects with others that are part of their organization),
- easily share projects inside organizations using names instead of typing every colleague’s email (since each user has access to organization's contact list).
2. Can I get a free trial of Todoist for Business?
Todoist offer a free trial for Todoist for Business. Simply go to Business setup page, click the start a free trial link and register your free trial account. You’re free to cancel your trial at any time. Free trial of Todoist for Business includes full access to Todoist for Business, easy access to add and remove members as well as tracking logins, devices and locations. Please note that your credit card won’t be charged right after you register your free trial account. You’ll only be charged if you keep using Todoist for Business after the trial period ends.
3. What is the account allowance for Todoist for Business?
Each account has a restriction of 200 active projects, 200 active tasks per project and 50 collaborators per project. There is no limit on the total amount of files a user can store in Todoist. There is a limit of 200MB per file, but you can easily upload bigger files using Google Drive or Dropbox.
4. What billing options are available for Todoist for Business?
You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards to pay for Todoist for Business.
5. Can I recover tasks, projects, labels, filters, notes or files that have been deleted?
If a user accidentally deleted tasks, projects, labels, filters, notes or files, they can be easily restored from the backup. Each day Todoist takes automatic backups of your active projects, tasks and notes. Using import feature you can easily restore your backups. Go to Settings > Backups to download your recent backups.